Update to my defective Gigi story

soonerch

Oct 9, 2007
I posted a few weeks ago about my new black Gigi missing her rivets on one handle.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/my-gigi-handles-are-mismatched-missing-rivets-pics-361872.html

After calling several outlets along my travel path I didn't have any luck finding another one to exchange it out so I initially decided to just live with the missing rivets. However, after two days of carrying Gigi on a trip to Florida, I noticed the other handle was starting to unravel. I took it back to my regular outlet and showed it to the SA's there. They were so nice and agreed that between the missing rivets and the unraveling handle, it was definitely defective. They took it back, waived the $20 charge to send it in, and packaged it up for repair. I will update when I hear back from the repair shop. I hope they can just put the rivets back in and repair the thread that is unraveling, but we'll see. :crybaby:

Thanks! I would think it would be a relatively easy fix for the repair shop, but I guess you never know. I'd be sad to lose this bag though, knowing there aren't any left. I waited forever to buy it and now my bag has all these minor little issues. More annoying than anything, but still disappointing.

I posted a few weeks ago about my new black Gigi missing her rivets on one handle.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/my-gigi-handles-are-mismatched-missing-rivets-pics-361872.html

After calling several outlets along my travel path I didn't have any luck finding another one to exchange it out so I initially decided to just live with the missing rivets. However, after two days of carrying Gigi on a trip to Florida, I noticed the other handle was starting to unravel. I took it back to my regular outlet and showed it to the SA's there. They were so nice and agreed that between the missing rivets and the unraveling handle, it was definitely defective. They took it back, waived the $20 charge to send it in, and packaged it up for repair. I will update when I hear back from the repair shop. I hope they can just put the rivets back in and repair the thread that is unraveling, but we'll see. :crybaby:

When I was in Houston, Texas last Saturday, they had a black Gigi. I don't know if they still have it, but if so, couldn't they just send it to your outlet since yours is defective?

When I was in Houston, Texas last Saturday, they had a black Gigi. I don't know if they still have it, but if so, couldn't they just send it to your outlet since yours is defective?

Dangit! They definitely could have if they hadn't already sent it to repairs last Friday! They checked the system before they sent it for other available bags, but couldn't find anything. Maybe the one in Houston was a return and didn't show up in the system? Nonetheless, thank you so much for the info. Maybe it can help someone else looking for a Gigi!