UPDATE!! The ring is here! Stress be gone! (pics pg 18)

ame, I really love your new setting!! The side view of your diamond will be amasing!! Let me see the culet.:biggrin:

amasing + amusing = amasing... No, I just mistyped...:lecture:
lol! It's both. haha!

I can't wait to take photos and post. I am super excited. Ill get a matching plain band after I get this on my hand.
It looks so pretty.
I know you have had bad luck with jewelry before,so I can understand you're nervous, but you should be fine.!!!
Bestto you

Thank you!!! I am nervous and excited. Just want it on my hand!

a few pics.....not meant to hi-jack this thread by any means! ;)

This is my "simple" solitaire.....set in 4-claw double-prongs, cathedral setting in platinum.....approx 1.27 cts

RBphoto-1.jpg

IMG_5813-1.jpg

IMG_5816-1-1.jpg

RBII-1.jpg

Contessa, impressive!!! (both your high-jacking and new setting.:biggrin:)

I really love your setting! The simplicity with details (double-prongs, unique side view) and the solid shank! Perfection!:ps: As you said it looks much bigger! The beauty comes from the balance.;)

Looking at your ring, I am sure I'll be a simple solitiare person for ever!!! I think you, too! (but a halo setting will also look very good on your hand. You have a nice hand.)

I cannot wait to see ame's amaZing ring!!!;)

a few pics.....not meant to hi-jack this thread by any means! ;)

This is my "simple" solitaire.....set in 4-claw double-prongs, cathedral setting in platinum.....approx 1.27 cts

RBphoto-1.jpg

IMG_5813-1.jpg

IMG_5816-1-1.jpg

RBII-1.jpg

WOW Pam this is amazing! :nuts: I'm drooling all over the place! Love love love the setting and the rock! Congrats! I know you went through a lot lately and you totally deserve this!:tup::tender:

Thank you Lovelies! I respect your opinions very much. :smile:

LanasyogaMama....my previous rock was a cushion (with flaws I discovered later :sad:) so I had it replaced- swapped!

Here's a pic of my cushion.....my RB is slightly larger (although smaller in ctw if that makes sense). It was LOVELY however, I think that NOTHING compares to the brilliance achieved/seen in round
brilliants. I'm ecstatic about it!

I changed NOTHING about the setting because I LOVE it so! It's simply the stone that got swapped.

Cushion

formercushion-1.jpg

Round

RBphoto-1.jpg

So I believe I made a sound decision NOT to halo this beauty! (at least for now)

Last edited:
Contessa, impressive!!! (both your high-jacking and new setting.:biggrin:)

I really love your setting! The simplicity with details (double-prongs, unique side view) and the solid shank! Perfection!:ps: As you said it looks much bigger! The beauty comes from the balance.;)

Looking at your ring, I am sure I'll be a simple solitiare person for ever!!! I think you, too! (but a halo setting will also look very good on your hand. You have a nice hand.)

I cannot wait to see ame's amaZing ring!!!;)

:hugs::flowers:

Einseine, yours is such a wonderful post....really touched my heart xoxo

Thank You for the kind words. I have a friend who thinks photographing rings on outstretched hands is not very complimentary! She prefers the way Princess Diana use to hold her hand....more like a fist.

*sigh*......I do enjoy looking at & admiring my ring! The sparkle factor is amazing :love:

I guess it's good that I am doing this now, as I have a massive crack in my knuckle. My callous that was formed from jamming the too tight rings over it has gotten to be painful and dry. Ewwie.