*update pg 6* Picking out bling-y band tomorrow, help!!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. DH had an epiphany over the weekend and decided he wants me to pick a band, like yesterday, LOL!
    My ring finger size is small so it has to be custom made, he thinks I just know where to go and I can go pick it out and walk out w/ it :Push:
    ssshhhhyeah! :P

I have a whole slew of bands I want to have one day, but what to go for 1st?
    I love teeny little delicate bands and I'd like to have them in white, yellow and rose gold, and then eventually I'd like a few chunkier eternitys in all diamonds, diamond blue sapphire, a diamond/pink sapphire, etc. . . then there's always those purty French cut bands.

For reference, I have a round brilliant solitaire in a basic Tiffany's setting now.
    What would you choose?

2. I love the prong set mircro bands, they really accent a piece and are great for even when you don't want to wear really loud jewellery, but you can still keep your blang. Plus you can remind DH that it's a smaller bad, and thus cheaper - so you can spend more next time. ;)

3. not sure if I know about those. . . are they micro pave?
    I'm wondering if he'll go for buying me 2 of them if they're the teeny mm bands? :thinking:

4. oooooh! :heart:that!

5. ooo love the 1 or are they 1.5 mm micro pave bands! Those would look gorgeous on each side of your ring!!!!

6. OK, is your husband a DREAM or what?? What a sweetheart!

I, too, love the idea of a couple of tiny micropave bands, a la Leon Mege:
    [​IMG]

If you want something with more of a blingy impact -- and a unique look -- perhaps this one (one of my all-time faves, and on my Wish List....maybe someday!). It will be considerably more expensive. Definitely one to be worn alone and without your main rock:
    [​IMG]

7. hey Kristy!
    Yeah, he gets something in his head and goes whole hog until it's conquered, LOL!
    I'd LOVE anything from LM!:cloud9: But we also are completely spoiled and need instant gratification . . . maybe one day I can do that wait! Maybe for my solitaire setting I STILL have not changed :rolleyes:
    I tried on the teeniest and sparkliest little band today by Ritani, it was positively glittery!
    The store didn't have a good chunkier eternity IMO, I didn't like their settings and it was a big box store that I wouldn't likely buy from anyhow.
    Tomorrow I'm hoping my usual jeweler will have some sparklers for me that I love.
    I don't have the pics on my MAC, but do you know the French cuts bands I'm talking about?
    I posted them before, I'll try and find them.

8. ^^ Yes, I do know of the French cuts! About 4 years ago I fell in love with an eternity band consisting solely of French cuts at a local vintage jeweler's here in San Francisco -- it was a tiny little 1.3mm band and it was a whopping $2,000, I believe!!! Apparently, French cuts ARE that expensive! But I LOVE the look -- subtle and gleamy as opposed to sparkly. If you can find a band with well-done French cuts, DO IT!!!! They are very special. I will be SO jealous!!!

10. ugh! Went to jeweler and am now confused. . .
    w/ the size of my solitaire I pretty much decided against a big chunky heavy carat weight eternity.
    OK, so that's good, marked on off :smile:
    Problem is I added something else, a Harry Winston-esque mount instead of my basic Tiffany's setting. :Push:
    So now I wonder if I should get the couple of stacky bands or go for a mounting instead?
    I'll try and find some pics to show you what I'm deciding between.

11. Swanky, I think a few small stackers would be a cool way to go (although haven't yet seen the HW setting). I LOVE this website, www.lamberthlyle.com, which sells beautiful pieces at great prices.

Attached Files:

12. yes, LOVE those! Let me see if I can attach a few pics. . . .

Top is setting/mounting I love.
    Or I could just alter my current solitaire setting {it's temporary for now as it's set too high/too many prongs/prongs too chunky} and for the same $ as a new mounting I can get 2-3 stacky bands.

The thin bands are just an example, I'll likely choose one w/ sapphires and one w/ only diamonds in a basic thin band. I want one funky band and one plain-ish one.

What do y'all prefer?

If I get the setting, I'm still going to want some stacky rings later. . . if I get teh stacks now, I'll still want that setting later, LOL!:shame:

Attached Files:

13. My friend has the coolest wedding band! It's double pave band w/ a gap in the middle & her e-ring (tiffany round solitaire) slides inside the gap. So it looks like there's 2 bands stacked, one above the e-ring & one below, but it's just the one band and the e-ring. Idk if I'm explaining it right! :confused1:

14. That setting is very classy, and I think it will look great with some stackers. I like all of the bands you posted, but especially the sapphire and the very thin band with RBs only. Do you want two bezeled bands? I think one bezeled band (maybe with milgraining) and one thin micropave would be really cool together.