Update on Trophy bags

BattahZ

Jul 12, 2009
Not sure if anyone posted this already, but I just called HH re: the black Trophy I ordered last Thursday. I have a tracking # for it but according to UPS it hasn't actually shipped yet (it's in "billing information received" limbo).

HH said they're waiting for the Trophy bag shipment to arrive, which should be early next week. So if you're waiting for your bag, it won't go out til then.

Kind of annoying, but considering 1) the price I got it at ($183) and 2) the fact that shipping is free, I'm not going to complain!

Thanks for the update. Since I didn't order one, I *am* going to complain. lol It sounds like the tracking number assignment may be an excuse to charge your credit card for the purchase in advance of actual shipment. I have a feeling that they also don't really have the AW wallets in, even though I've also been assigned a tracking number for them. My status for that reads "UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later."

Yeah I got charged for the bag immediately (last Thursday). I do wish they wouldn't charge until they actually had them in hand and ready to ship.

The Lorca and Emile passcase I ordered on Tuesday with my Groupon now say they'll be shipped on the 24th (Monday). We'll see if that happens!

Ok, why do they even have them available for sale if they don't have them in stock. It's one thing to buy something that says it's backordered but when I ordered the other day it didn't say that. I presumed it would ship right away. It's getting a little irritating that when you order something from HH it's always a question: am I going to get charged the right amount, Is the bag going to be flawed, When will it ship (week, weeks, month, months, never) Will I get the non-personal robotic style EOD or the equally non-personal COD. I would never take this from another company or even an ebay seller. Grrrr!

Ok I'm a little grumpy this A.M.

Lulu, I was totally just thinking the same thing!

Goes back to the Bleecker drama of the spring/summer.

At least this time around, I jumped early enough to get a Trophy bag when they were actually in stock. However.... I dilly dallied on the lorca, and now am waiting until kingdom come! Every day since the 17th it has said, expected to ship XX, whatever date comes next.... why can't they just be honest with us?!

Wondering if the same thing is happening with the Brandy Origami. It's been in "shipped, but not really" status for a full week now. I was beginning to wonder if they owed UPS money or something, but this makes more sense. I'm not really complaining, because the shipping is free and the price was amazing. but they really ought to just come right out and say the item is backordered, if that's the case. I can certainly deal with that.

Agreed! I kept checking the black Trophy listing to see if they had changed it to mark it as "backordered," but they never did (I assumed that was why it hadn't shipped yet). I mean, I'm in DC, it shouldn't take 2 weeks to get a package from NYC!

I wish they'd be more up-front about when things will ship. This is the second time I buy something from them that they end up not having in stock - last time it was a Sonia, and I ended up cancelling the order. I'm not cancelling this one because I really do want it, but it's annoying!

I ordered last Tuesday and UPS states that my bag will be delivered on Monday. This is my first HH purchase and reading these posts makes me extremely skeptical. If the customer service is really this poor, the bags must truly be fantastic for all of you to continue purchasing them, right?

I'm in the same boat! I assumed my coveted black trophy would ship either 8/17 or 8/18, but I too have that dreaded message on the UPS tracking page. I realize the trophy was a steal, but I still hoped to get it promptly. My Lorca and Havana shocked me with their speedy arrival - on separate occasions! Fingers crossed the time passes quickly. :faint:

I'm in the Bleecker waiting game. It was my first purchase from them back there in June during the 50% off sale. The ship date changed a bunch of times - 7/14, 7/27/ 9/2 and now the latest 9/28. I think it's odd too that I've seen it on special sale since I ordered as they didn't have any stock to sell off. Did they need to get a certain # or $ amt to get them done? I'd find it helpful if they distinguished between just out of stock and preorder. If the bag doesn't physically exist anywhere I'd call it a preorder.

I find myself wondering if I really do need this backpack. Maybe I should apply the $$ to vet bills or something else. I was able to snag an Ibiza tote for $40 online so maybe I should be happy with that. yeah if smethingelse for the same amt of $$ catches my eye I'll cancel.

Last edited:
Last time they did it to me I cancelled the bag and got something else (which was also HH, but I got it on eBay). This isn't that long of a delay (at least not so far), it's more annoying than anything else. Though now the Treesje Asher Mini caught my eye and the Trophy is calling to me less and less...

I ordered last Tuesday and UPS states that my bag will be delivered on Monday. This is my first HH purchase and reading these posts makes me extremely skeptical. If the customer service is really this poor, the bags must truly be fantastic for all of you to continue purchasing them, right?

amarsh, the bags are wonderful and can be had for such amazing prices-- I think the most I have ever paid for a bag from the HH website so far is about $230, and if I'd been a little more experienced at the time, I would have waited for it to drop even more. The leather is amazing and the designs are exactly what I want. I think every piece is well thought out in terms of utility. They are a small, young, independent company so I am willing to cut them lots of slack.

I'm in the Bleecker waiting game. It was my first purchase from them back there in June during the 50% off sale. The ship date changed a bunch of times - 7/14, 7/27/ 9/2 and now the latest 9/28. I think it's odd too that I've seen it on special sale since I ordered as they didn't have any stock to sell off. Did they need to get a certain # or $ amt to get them done? I'd find it helpful if they distinguished between just out of stock and preorder. If the bag doesn't physically exist anywhere I'd call it a preorder.

I find myself wondering if I really do need this backpack. Maybe I should apply the $$ to vet bills or something else. I was able to snag an Ibiza tote for $40 online so maybe I should be happy with that. yeah if smethingelse for the same amt of $$ catches my eye I'll cancel.

I hear ya, MB!!! I was so excited to get the Bleecker back in APRIL. After I ordered Ms. Trophy, I just gave up on it. I, too, snagged an Ibiza during the flash sales. I figure it does the trick just fine. How many travel bags can I have? ***As someone who never really travels atm*** Then... they didn't even promptly refund my $$$!!! I had to email them a second time about getting it 10 days later! Grrr....

Really, hh does fit the bad boyfriend role/stereotype in sooo many ways.