Update on Trophy bags

This is something that is confusing me, as a newish HH addict. What is that? My order has been listed as shipped for a while now, with no tracking number... So what does 'shipped' actually mean, by their metric?

Having purchased many bags from HH, I have started to realize a pattern on the shipping. When we place the order online we pay through a secure page that is a 3rd party "money handler". It downloads into HH computer on their next "push" (usually the next business day).

When HH processes the order into their accounting system, since they have all the weights of the bags pre-loaded, they have their system set to automate the shipping label on the packing slip that prints WITH their invoice (for their records). I believe this is done in their records keeping department. But because the label is processed simultaneously with the other paperwork, UPS has it register through their online system -and gives it a ship date, even though HH hasn't even gone beyond printing out the paperwork for their internal processing.

Any of you that have sold an item on ebay know how this happens. If you process your sold item through paypal, you can print the shipping label - and pay for it - at the same time. At that point USPS already shows a tracking number on their site, with the same type message as we get from HH. Yet, even though the eBay seller has it shown online as shipped, technically she can have a lapse of days between VIRTUAL shipment and PHYSICAL shipment - and sometimes that is what the seller will do. That is what HH does.

If, HH finds after the virtual shipping label has been printed, that there is a delay in stock availablility, they can either float that first label a few days or they can update us on their site - and UPS - that shipping has been rescheduled.

Moreover, even after UPS scans the label to update that tracking number as "package received" (meaning it is at last out of HH hands) it goes into UPS Maspeth NY. They must be one big honker processing station, because even when it does get in Maspeth hands, it can sit 3 days in that center.

One other thing. I think HH made some changes in how they had their collection shipped to them this season. Last year (FW 09) you will remember that HH had all their stock up front in the season, sold large parcels of it to some stores, and sold to us online through the rest of the season. They got ALL their season's stock up front in one shipment. Then the last week of December, early January, they had a sizable store account default on payment and they had to take back stock and try to sell it themselves. Thus the sales ran on. I think this season, they protected themselves against this and ran their inventory like so many other businesses do now. I believe they split-shipped their merchandise to arrive in increments from their manufacturer, so they didn't have all their money tied up from day 1 of the season.

Sorry for the length of this...that's what I get for typing BEFORE my morning tea.

Last edited:
Having purchased many bags from HH, I have started to realize a pattern on the shipping. When we place the order online we pay through a secure page that is a 3rd party "money handler". It downloads into HH computer on their next "push" (usually the next business day).

When HH processes the order into their accounting system, since they have all the weights of the bags pre-loaded, they have their system set to automate the shipping label on the packing slip that prints WITH their invoice (for their records). I believe this is done in their records keeping department. But because the label is processed simultaneously with the other paperwork, UPS has it register through their online system -and gives it a ship date, even though HH hasn't even gone beyond printing out the paperwork for their internal processing.

Any of you that have sold an item on ebay know how this happens. If you process your sold item through paypal, you can print the shipping label - and pay for it - at the same time. At that point USPS already shows a tracking number on their site, with the same type message as we get from HH. Yet, even though the eBay seller has it shown online as shipped, technically she can have a lapse of days between VIRTUAL shipment and PHYSICAL shipment - and sometimes that is what the seller will do. That is what HH does.

If, HH finds after the virtual shipping label has been printed, that there is a delay in stock availablility, they can either float that first label a few days or they can update us on their site - and UPS - that shipping has been rescheduled.

Moreover, even after UPS scans the label to update that tracking number as "package received" (meaning it is at last out of HH hands) it goes into UPS Maspeth NY. They must be one big honker processing station, because even when it does get in Maspeth hands, it can sit 3 days in that center.

One other thing. I think HH made some changes in how they had their collection shipped to them this season. Last year (FW 09) you will remember that HH had all their stock up front in the season, sold large parcels of it to some stores, and sold to us online through the rest of the season. They got ALL their season's stock up front in one shipment. Then the last week of December, early January, they had a sizable store account default on payment and they had to take back stock and try to sell it themselves. Thus the sales ran on. I think this season, they protected themselves against this and ran their inventory like so many other businesses do now. I believe they split-shipped their merchandise to arrive in increments from their manufacturer, so they didn't have all their money tied up from day 1 of the season.

Sorry for the length of this...that's what I get for typing BEFORE my morning tea.

Okay, still suffering from insomnia and am groggy from meds despite three cups of coffee. So, in a nutshell, if UPS has "billing info received" status, your stuff is still sitting there at HH. I call shenanigans on this shipping operation!!!:pout:

Okay, still suffering from insomnia and am groggy from meds despite three cups of coffee. So, in a nutshell, if UPS has "billing info received" status, your stuff is still sitting there at HH. I call shenanigans on this shipping operation!!!:pout:

Most likely. I ship a lot of things through UPS at work. "Billing information received" just means UPS received electronic info about a specific parcel (size, weight, addressee, etc.) from the shipper and that the shipper has paid UPS for the shipment of the parcel.

Ahhhh, thank you so much! That elucidates things a lot. As for length...i'll always choose a lengthy and thorough breakdown of something, than a brief one that just leads to more questions - so thank you again for doing all that pre-coffee!

I daresay mine is like to always get a little more delayed in getting shipped out, I believe I read somewhere that HH only posts international orders one day a week?

Pseudo, I've read the same thing - international orders don't ship daily... only once or twice weekly. Having done customs papers, I can see why they batch those. It would be slower than "label runs out of machine and attaches to box", LOL.

^ That's what I'm hoping! I mean we sure have a good argument, but you never know. I'm just worried because I already have a tracking number, so they have already paid UPS for the shipping. OH well, I will call tomorrow and see.

I just searched and found it on their FAQ page--it's for order cancellations, not restocking:

Order Cancellation

Orders that have been placed with Hayden-Harnett may not be canceled once the shipping process has begun. Orders may not be canceled for any reason after three business days of receipt of the initial e-mail order confirmation. Orders paid for with Paypal may not be canceled for any reason.

If for any reason an order is canceled despite our order cancellation terms, the order will be subjected to a 20% non-refundable restocking fee equal to 20% of the order total.

I think that's totally unacceptable, personally. Especially when they start the shipping process immediately ("shipping info received"), but don't actually send the thing out for weeks. Most of us wouldn't cancel if we got our stuff in a timely fashion.

edited to add that Brimack beat me to it :smile:

yup, it basically took a week before the actual item shipped out. not a week from order date, a week from when they made my shipping label! haha. luckily i live in nyc so it took like 2 days, but still! i was checking UPS anxiously everyday...

Here is the original thread on it:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hayden-harnett/restocking-cancelation-fee-433187.html

It is still on the website under Terms & Conditions.

Thanks for the link. That is crazy. So, because I pay with paypal everytime I can't cancel any order. That is just plain crazy.
What if question:
Say I tried to cancel the black celina cuff I ordered a couple months back. I paid with paypal. It was supposed to be shipped july 24 but is now shipping on the 16th? or whatever of sept. I think they should wave the restocking fee cuz it's their fault I didn't sign up for the super pushed back shipping date. I wouldn't have ordered it had I known it was going to take 3 months to get it. Should it be reasonable for me to pay the restocking fee since technically they never had the stock in the first place.
I'm sure the kristy trench people are feeling that way too....

Has anyone ever been slapped with the fee though? I did cancel an order paid with Paypal within minutes of having placed it, and I was very promptly refunded the amount in full.

Also, I am a Kristy Trench person and am very happy with how they handled the production delay. They took an additional 10% off our order, waived the shipping cost, offered us many opportunities to cancel, and gave us a 50% off coupon that I blew on a cartload of AW stuff.

Last edited: