*UPDATE* on the Pink Poodle that stole my heart!

^^ He actually has ONE issue: He won't go potty outside if it's raining or if it's windy. It's actually rather funny. There was a typhoon last Saturday and my helper said that Latte hadn't gone number 1 or 2 since the night before (when the weather was still calm). Later on in the evening, Latte starts barking. My brother and I rush out and see that he's doing his business right there in the middle of the kitchen!!

As soon as he's done, he runs away! It's like he KNEW he wasn't allowed to but he really couldn't go outside and couldn't wait anymore. Instead of punishing him, we took him away and cleaned up his mess. He hasnt' gone in the house since but this has occurred twice before and both times were when there was a storm outside. Just one of his many quirks!

ETA: By 'punishing' I mean yelling NO and bringing him outside for him to finish. The weather was simply too bad for us to do that (we would've been drenched in 2 seconds) and no, I never hit my dogs and nor do I rub their faces in it...gross!

^^ He actually has ONE issue: He won't go potty outside if it's raining or if it's windy. It's actually rather funny. There was a typhoon last Saturday and my helper said that Latte hadn't gone number 1 or 2 since the night before (when the weather was still calm). Later on in the evening, Latte starts barking. My brother and I rush out and see that he's doing his business right there in the middle of the kitchen!!

As soon as he's done, he runs away! It's like he KNEW he wasn't allowed to but he really couldn't go outside and couldn't wait anymore. Instead of punishing him, we took him away and cleaned up his mess. He hasnt' gone in the house since but this has occurred twice before and both times were when there was a storm outside. Just one of his many quirks!

ETA: By 'punishing' I mean yelling NO and bringing him outside for him to finish. The weather was simply too bad for us to do that (we would've been drenched in 2 seconds) and no, I never hit my dogs and nor do I rub their faces in it...gross!
I guess you can make an exception if its just during really bad weather. If he barked, he probably knew it was bad. At least he's not lifting his leg anymore, so thats the main thing.:tup:

What a good hearted person you are toiletduck. I am happy everything worked out for you and the dogs. Obviously, it was meant to be. Both of your doggies look very happy. I do feel bad Latte has to walk around pink though. What was the previous owner thinking!

THat's so awesome that you opted to save the pink poodle! An old ex-boyfriends sister used to have 3 Standards, and they were the most wonderful dogs ever! They were smart, and playful, and well behaved! The pics you have of the two together are just adorable! Congrats on your new addition!

By the way...why was the dog dyed Pink? Not that it looks all that bad. It's different anyway. I kinda like it, but I would never subject my own dogs to it, poor thing! I know how much discomfort I put myself thru to dye my hair, I couldnt do it to my pooch!

He looks like a sweetie! His eyes are so loving, and calm. God, I'm such a sap when it comes to animals!
I think you did the greatest thing that anyone could do. Give a sweet, innocent animal a loving home. If I could. I'd adopt a hundred animals!