Update on my Yoogi's exotic bag situation

ray72277

Jan 10, 2014
So for whoever saw my posts from the other week, I had purchased a bag from Yoogi's that they were stating was a marron colored alligator bag. The tags inside did state alligator with the bag's serial number but it was obvious the bag was croc and I was told by the official LV exotics repair shop that it was caramel, not marron. Because the tags didn't match the bag, and Yoogi's couldn't offer any explanation (and there was no way it was just the tags from a diff. bag b/c they all had the bag's serial number on it), I decided to return the bag. I wasn't necessarily doubting the bag was a legitimate croc bag per se, but it was going to drive me crazy that there was definitely something funny going on with the paperwork and when I asked Yoogi's if they could help straighten it out, they wanted no part of it. Before returning the bag I called Yoogi's to explain why I had issues and was going to return it, and they assured me it was authentic alligator in the marron color but that when they received it, they would get back to me and let me know for sure. I then received a follow up call from them this morning stating the bag was definitely marron colored alligator. I politely asked if they could tell me how they determined this b/c it definitely wasn't and they said the CEO confirmed that it's 100 percent alligator in the marron color. They offered no further explanation of how he verified that. Well guess what?! The bag has just been listed back on Yoogi's stating it's croc, still the marron color though. Not sure how they are going to get around the paperwork not matching, unless they no longer include it when the next person purchases it. I just find it interesting that several times, incl. up until this morning, they swore I was wrong and that they had identified the bag correctly, but now they have backpedaled and corrected the description. Oh well, it just makes me feel better about my return if they can't even acknowledge that there was obviously an issue with the misidentification. If anyone is considering buying this bag, just beware of the discrepancies I stated above.

that's incredibly annoying! You must feel incredibly justified in sending it back though, good decision! This whole experience speaks very loudly about Yoogis which is a shame, because I thought it was supposedly a customer service-friendly website. Thanks for sharing your story!

that's incredibly annoying! You must feel incredibly justified in sending it back though, good decision! This whole experience speaks very loudly about Yoogis which is a shame, because I thought it was supposedly a customer service-friendly website. Thanks for sharing your story!

I know, that's why I was kind of upset with the result. I had bought 2 items with them previously. My first experience was great, my second was so so, and this was my third. Unfortunately after this one though, I'm not sure I'd use them again. Mistakes happen, I understand that. But to tell me on numerous occasions that myself, my SA, my SA's mgr., the district mgr., and then the LV exotic repair shop have NO idea what we are talking about and then go ahead and relist the item the way we stated it should have been, just irks me, b/c obviously we were correct or they would have put the old listing up. A little humility goes a long way in maintaining customer business...

I know, that's why I was kind of upset with the result. I had bought 2 items with them previously. My first experience was great, my second was so so, and this was my third. Unfortunately after this one though, I'm not sure I'd use them again. Mistakes happen, I understand that. But to tell me on numerous occasions that myself, my SA, my SA's mgr., the district mgr., and then the LV exotic repair shop have NO idea what we are talking about and then go ahead and relist the item the way we stated it should have been, just irks me, b/c obviously we were correct or they would have put the old listing up. A little humility goes a long way in maintaining customer business...
I'm sorry you've had to go through all of this. I saw they relisted it as croc. I also just slipped there and typed "crock" initially. Kind of what I think of what they're doing.

I'd never bought from Yoogi's, but had heard they provided authentic goods. After what you went through, I won't be buying from them. How can I trust them with spending my money with them if they can't be trusted with such a major item? Mistakes do happen, but with something at a substantial price difference than their other items, it really ought not to occur.

Then, on top of that, their terrible customer service to you? Absolutely unacceptable. To me, part of buying luxury goods is the experience. Your experience is not one for which I'd pay.

May your future be filled with beautiful purses and better customer service.

Completely agree - a little humility goes a long way.
It's unfortunate that you had this happen and for them to never fess up to their mistake, but then to relist it as croc...
I feel like great customer service is so hard to come by nowadays and it's such a shame. Don't that they know that in this internet-driven world that your bad experience is going to get to many more people? I guess it's just that they don't care.
Either way, I'm glad it got situated for you, and I hope you're able to find the actual bag you want.

Wow that's super annoying. I was looking for a GM bag and found one that was clearly a pm and listed as a GM. I let the company know and they sent me a 10% off coupon. I'm glad you posted this. For you to tell them that it is croc and now they relist it as so, well that proves that they made a mistake whether they want to admit to it or not. Some people will just never admit they were wrong. Good for you for returning it. Too bad for them that they lost a customer on something that could have been easily rectified.

Sorry this happened to you. I'm really surprised, as I have bought from Yoogis on a few occasions and had nothing but awesome experience. I felt their customer service was excellent when I had to return a bag that I did not feel was described properly. I know they are quite respected for the most part on this forum. After reading your post, and another in the "Authenticate This" thread (I believe there was an item recently that was not able to be authenticated that was purchased from Yoogis :sad: ), I am going to have to rethink any future purchases from them, or at least make sure I get my items authenticated here. Sounds silly/ lazy on my part in hindsight, but the very few items I have purchased from them, I didn't bother with authentication because I trusted them, and their reputation on this forum is so well respected. So, bad on my part, but will do so in the future. Glad you were able to get your money back and things worked out for you.

Sorry this happened to you. I'm really surprised, as I have bought from Yoogis on a few occasions and had nothing but awesome experience. I felt their customer service was excellent when I had to return a bag that I did not feel was described properly. I know they are quite respected for the most part on this forum. After reading your post, and another in the "Authenticate This" thread (I believe there was an item recently that was not able to be authenticated that was purchased from Yoogis :sad: ), I am going to have to rethink any future purchases from them, or at least make sure I get my items authenticated here. Sounds silly/ lazy on my part in hindsight, but the very few items I have purchased from them, I didn't bother with authentication because I trusted them, and their reputation on this forum is so well respected. So, bad on my part, but will do so in the future. Glad you were able to get your money back and things worked out for you.

I have never bought preloved but always...ALWAYS get your items authenticated.

Sorry this happened OP, I have ordered twice from them & unfortunately both times the items were listed as better condition than they actually were so that turned me off, I returned them immediately! but this is in a whole different ballpark though, yikes! I'm glad you noticed & returned the bag to them in time.