Update on my Speedy B 30

joanabanana

Jan 6, 2013
This is a re-post from my previous post regarding my Speedy B. Sorry for such a long story.

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing me your own opinions, giving comments and advices. I really, really appreciate that. I feel like I found new friends that I can talk to about little things especially about LV bags (which i think is not little at all) LOL!

That bag really bothered me a LOT, though I know that for some people, it might be nothing and will not dare to bother. But I really cannot just consider it and live with the idea that 'it's only a minor thing and no one will notice that anyway.'-except me. I don't expect for a perfect one cause I know nothing is PERFECT. But at least, I want to meet the value of my money and the expectations i have on the bag and on the brand.

I inspected the bag carefully when i bought it from the LV store, but the only mistake I made is that I didn't check EACH AND EVERYTHING. I admit I am not a LV expert and I just got into it this obsession this January. Also, this is my first speedy bandouliere bag and haven't seen any in actual yet (aside from the pictures here in TPF, from the LV website and internet). So when I noticed that something looks wrong with the bag 5 days after the purchased, I really got bothered since it was the first time I saw that kind of look; and asked you guys right away if that is normal. Your advices really meant a lot to me. It gave me courage and confidence to bring it back to the store and explain my side. Thank you so much!

So, a while ago, I came back to the LV store with the bag. My good SA was not there so I was attended with another SA. He's a guy. I don't want to say negative thing or what but I would like to share you my experience.

He approached me asking what do I need. So I said I would like to speak to my SA and I gave him her name. He looked around and asked his colleagues but unfortunately, she's off duty today. So he entertaied me instead. I told him about the bag, what I've noticed which I think is not normal. I showed it to him as well. That SA is so rude that everything I say, he has a sarcastic answer. He said, the piping is normal because after using it for sometime it will become uplifted. (he has a point) But i don't think it will, especially the upper part, because it is so stiff. Like permanent already. Then i showed him the stamp. I told him it looks too shallow compare to other bags that i have. He said it is normal because it depends on how much pressure the maker put on it. (I know that but I don't care about how the maker made the bag. My concern is that i must have a better bag. But i didn't say anything.) i didn't ask for an exchange yet but he already said that i cannot have a replacement because all those things are normal in his opinion and he also asked me, "will anyone notice that when you are carrying the bag?" What kind of question is that?? So sarcastic! I said in a very low voice," i don't care what others will say. I care for myself and this thing is bothering me and I paid full amount of this bag so i think there's no reason for me not to have a better one. I didn't pay half of the price." I told him like that. And that moment, i finally asked for an exchange. I told him that that bag is only 5 days old and I never use it since i bought it. The creases are actually still there. I cannot go home with that bag. I am not happy with it. Then he said, "ok, i will tell this to my manager and you are lucky if he will approve. Let's see." Like he was challenging me. So the manager came to us. The manager seem to be nice. The SA explained my case in a SARCASTIC way, like, "sir, she wants to replace this bag but it seems to be good. I don't see any problem with it." Does he really have to give side comments? The manager looked at the bag, he looked at the warped piping and shallow stamp, then he looked at me, then he said to the SA, "ok, give her a new one." Hahahaha! So I chose another one.

Then this SA who was trying to step on me, saying to me embarrassedly and rudely, "ok, i'll give you a new one but you better check it now very well cause i will not allow to replace your bag again next time." (Like he is the owner of Louis Vuitton). My God! What is the problem with this kind of SA's? They are not even the manager who should decide in the first place nor the owner of the company. I wonder why do they have to treat their clients this way.

Nevertheless, I went back home happy, with a new and a better bag and smile on my face. :smile:

Last edited:
Ugh, I'm getting so tired of hearing about rude SAs. If you have an unfriendly temperament then you probably shouldn't be in customer service or retail.

Glad you stood your ground and got a better bag! You deserve what you pay for!

Here's a comparison of before and after. Sorry for the big difference in lighting. I was in a coffee shop when i took the 'after' pictures. But i hope somehow you can see the little difference especially the stamps.
Now im so totally happy. No worries at all. Thanks for all your help. :smile:

image-262260325.jpg

image-181891732.jpg

ugh! so sorry you had to deal with this obnoxious sa. honestly, what is the difference to him whether he nicely allows the exchange or makes a big deal of it. as you have explained the bag was unused and you should feel good about your purchase. so glad the manager made it right and hope you enjoy your speedy b!

Sorry to hear he treated you so rudely! I worked as a manager in retail and even if I couldn't see the flaw in an item, I would have happily exchanged a product if my customer was unhappy. Glad to hear you got a better one :smile:
Honestly you'd think they gave birth to these bags they way so e SA's act.

I'm glad you went back and got what you wanted to come home with! I've made six trips so far in the past 3-4 months to LV and have not met a rude SA yet (knock on wood)... but the two in my area that I go to know that my parents's/Cousin's old good friend (I call "aunt") is one of the managers for one and they know me so it's casual around them... and a former co-worker/sort-of friend of mine works at another LV... and it's been recently well... I just hope there's more respect for clients of Vuitton from SAs

If he thought your original bag was so "normal" what was the big deal?! He could have sold it again. Seems like some SA's get a thrill from their perceived power.

^ I agree!
Why not just make the customer happy instead of making it a difficult situation....I'm sorry you had the bad experience with the SA but I am glad to hear the manager made it right..The new speedy b looks alot better.....

Okay, first and foremost I'm really glad for you that you got a much better bag!

However... this REALLY irks me. Who the hell do these people think they are?! Any sales person who spoke to me like that would rue the day. It is your right to exchange it. It is your right to return it if you so wish. These people are paid to attend to you while you are in the store. They're lucky they are fortunate enough to be in employment - many people would love to be working but can't find employment, yet LV seems to have staff who either don't know their products and so can't do the job, or worse, speak to clients like this? Really gets my goat. They need a serious overhaul when it comes to customer service. Piss poor.

Okay, first and foremost I'm really glad for you that you got a much better bag!

However... this REALLY irks me. Who the hell do these people think they are?! Any sales person who spoke to me like that would rue the day. It is your right to exchange it. It is your right to return it if you so wish. These people are paid to attend to you while you are in the store. They're lucky they are fortunate enough to be in employment - many people would love to be working but can't find employment, yet LV seems to have staff who either don't know their products and so can't do the job, or worse, speak to clients like this? Really gets my goat. They need a serious overhaul when it comes to customer service. Piss poor.

I completely agree!!!