Update on my Pre-Love Medium Looping Bag

Chimicki

Jul 4, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I posted about a month ago that I was on the hunt for a pre-loved medium looping bag. I did find one in excellent condition and purchased it from ebay. I had it authenticated etc. Really nice seller who was selling from her personal collection etc. When I received the bag it was actually in better shape than I imagined. I did decide that I wanted a new Loop though. The original was very dark and I just wanted to freshen it up a bit. I sent it to the St. Louis boutique and the sales associate called me today. She was very nice. She told me the bag was in excellent condition, no cuts, no worn leather etc. She told me to replace the loop it would be $102 and I am okay with that. I then wanted her to give me a price quote on a new zipper and I also wanted to know how much would it be to replace the inside alacantra lining. New zipper would be $95!! New Alacantra lining $235!! I couldn't believe it. I told her for those prices I would buy a new bag first. She of course laughed. She said she didn't know why the zippers are so expensive. She assured me the work would be perfect. They send everything to California for repair. She said it would take about 6-8 weeks. I hope it comes back sooner though. She reminded me that before the bag was discontinued it sold for $1040!! I remember when that bag was $500...So even with getting the loop replaced and what I paid for it on ebay I would have only spent $265 so I'm happy. :yahoo: Just thought I would share a pre-loved success story. I was a little hesitant about buying off of ebay but I waited patiently and found the right deal for me.

Hey Designing Style, no the zipper isn't broken and the alacantra is fine. I was just inquiring just to see what they charge. "LOL" No, everything is perfect. The bag is about 5 years old and it looks very good. The seller told me she didn't carry it a lot and I could tell. I just feel like I got lucky and I am glad I was patient!!

What a fab deal!

Is the zipper broken? And is the Alacantra a mess?

Congratulations! I have a friend who's been looking for one as well. Some boutiques still had them in June of '08 when she first wanted one but she couldn't make up her mind and of course when she finally decided, they were all gone. Post pictures of your "new" looping bag when it comes back so I can show my friend that there's still a chance that she can find one out there. Never give up. You're a great example of that. Congrats again and enjoy your new bag.

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments!! I always felt the Looping bag was the one I let get away. I have a good friend who has one and everytime I would see her with it I couldn't help but think I wish I had of bought one way back when. At the time though I was hung up on my beloved Speedy 30 and that was as far as I could see!!:biggrin: Now I just got my new Mono Neverfull and I'm in love with that as well. I would tell anyone to just keep checking ebay and other reputable places. I think being patient is the key because there are a lot of them out there. When I bidded on mine there was another girl bidding just as hard but I stuck to the course and won!!To be honest I would not have paid $1040 for it. I would have chosen something else in that price range. I'm sure it will be beautiful when it gets spruced up. It's something about the new Vachetta leather that I love. I like to watch it morph into its patina...

Congratulations! I have a friend who's been looking for one as well. Some boutiques still had them in June of '08 when she first wanted one but she couldn't make up her mind and of course when she finally decided, they were all gone. Post pictures of your "new" looping bag when it comes back so I can show my friend that there's still a chance that she can find one out there. Never give up. You're a great example of that. Congrats again and enjoy your new bag.

Congrats, I always love reading ebay success stories! Hopefully you can post pics. of your bag when you get it bag, I can't wait to see it, I bet it will look gorgeous. Hopefully it will be back sooner than expected! Congrats again on your great find:smile:

Congrats on getting that bag! I have one too that I picked up from the bay a few years ago. I think I paid about $400 CAN for it (had a big ink stain inside, but I was able to get most of it out :biggrin:), but OMG, I can NOT believe what it was selling for!!