Update on How 08 Sapphire is Breaking In

psaseattle

PNW Hermes-aholic
O.G.
Apr 4, 2008
When I got my 08 Sapph.GSH PT a month ago, a number of gals wanted an update on how the it breaks in. Inspired by Tofuchan's recent report on her Ruby Courier, here's a look at 08 Sapphire after one month of pretty heavy use......

Very very easy to break in - leather is smooshy, chewy and softening up nicely. I THINK color is still pretty good, but I suspect a smidge lightened from intensity when I first got her. Handles softened, but comfortably so. Only complaint is that front upper left corner of bag seems to have been made with a triangle of leather that wasn't treated as well as rest of bag and feels noticeably drier to the touch than the rest of the leather. Some moisturizer has helped, but I can tell I will need to keep moisturizing this area for it to stay nice over time.

Overall - my 08 Sapphire is doing VERY well and is my "go to" bag every day still!!!
IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

Oh my! Gorgeous smooshiness! I love it!

attachment.php

omg P!!! she's GORGEOUS!! and soooo slouchy now!! amazing how beautiful they look with wear =)
glad you kept your ruby PT too! how could you even think of letting her go LOL

btw, when broken in and slouching full of stuff, does her rectangle-ness look less rectangley? LOL
from your pics she almost looks like a city when she slouches..makes me want a PT!

btw, when broken in and slouching full of stuff, does her rectangle-ness look less rectangley? LOL
from your pics she almost looks like a city when she slouches..makes me want a PT!

C - YES, the broken in PT loses a lot of the rectangle - mine is almost gone completely as you can see. Also, when full of stuff the bottom sags a lot too which helps. When worn cross-body (which I do a lot to be hands free) the bag looks completely slouchy too. And when hanging by the shoulder strap, I love the saggy, cool look. Over the shoulder, it sags like a city only with tons more clearance which is exactly what I need/want!!! I would be interested in going courier but it looks so big....and I am only 5'2" (spoken by the gal who also wears WEs as an every day bag!!!!)

your bag is gorgeous!! how i wish bbags will retain their original colour for longer! I have a year old Violet Twiggy and is can lightened as well. I compare it to the little piecee of leather inside the zip on the outside of the bag. Same goes for my Ink First. Does anyone have any tips on reducing the lightening effect?