Update on Gray (Blue Mist) Kristin and Marcasite

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
I bought both of these bags today for PCE. I don't have my camera, but I can say that the Blue Mist color had some blue tones in the store. I put it next to the grey gathered Sophia and it is obviously just gray. A few shades darker than the Sophia.

Then I took it to my car, which has gray leather interior. Sitting on the carseat, I would say that the bag is definitely not blue, definitely gray, only a shade darker than my interior. I love her!!!

The marcasite is an odd color. Sorta bronzy. Sorta goldy. Sorta blacky. The dark hardware is very nice. I think this bag will go great with vintage bronze and copper jewelry.

Now I'm thinking about that camel patent Kristin pleated. . . hmmmm. I could squeeze one more bag into this PCE, yannow?

That's my report!

Back at home, rethinking the gray Kristin. I'll probably keep her, but I am wondering if gray is a color like blue. Blue is the hardest color in the world to match. (Remember when we all tried to match blue pantyhose and blue shoes? UGH.)

Anyway, she looks like a pretty dove gray, no doubt. But she definitely doesn't MATCH anything gray that I have. Looks SPECTACULAR with denim, tho, if you like that sort of dressed up denim look. I live in the south, so I have to :P

The marcasite, on the other hand, is a total winner. She is her own little niche. I'd almost wear her with anything. LOVE the color. It makes the bag look more expensive. They could have upcharged this color, I think. LOVE the hardware. It's almost a go-with-anything bag. I'm gunmetalled out. This is a nice alternative.

I know what you mean about the blue mist leather. I don't know how to describe it. I really is a strange sort of gray....not bad, just different. The whole time I was looking at her in the store, I tried to picture her with other colors and it just didn't work.....I don't know. The patent putty was really gorgeous but a bit thin (leather-wise) which made me nervous...though I haven't ruled her out. I was only able to see her in the large hobo style and not the pleated satchel so I will wait until I can view that to decide.

The marcasite is metallic. However, it is a more solid metallic than some bags.

It's hard to explain. It isn't crackled. It is more like the gunmetal zoe, but a totally different color. Looks pretty hardy to me. Time will tell. I'm absolutely keeping her.

Oh boy, your descriptions are making marcasite sound like something I need....I mean, "need" :graucho:

A metallic that isn't super shiny or crackled.....me like. Oh my. I would like to see this marcasite and compare it to the metallic bronzey color of my Studded Flap.