Update on bag sent for repair

Copper1977

Jun 13, 2008
Hi ladies

Some of you may recall the problem I had with a wobbly lock on my denim ticking bays bought in the sale. I decided to send it for repair rather than returning it and received it back today (only took a week, was well impressed!).

The lock is now tighter than any of my other which is great. However, the plate with the lock attached is not flush with the bag on one side. On the right the plate is not actually attached, whereas on my other bags it seems to be completely attached all the way around.

Not sure I have explained very well, but do you know what I mean? Do any of your bays have this and is it okay? I expected it to be flush with the bag but don't know if I am over-reacting or not.

Pics - the last 2 show it the most, it is quite noticeable on one side, my other bays have only a teeny tiny gap all the way round

Attachments

• a100_3096.jpg
    a100_3096.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 43
  • a100_3115.jpg
    a100_3115.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 39
  • a100_3116.jpg
    a100_3116.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 44
  • a100_3120.jpg
    a100_3120.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 47
  • a100_3124.jpg
    a100_3124.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 42
well i'm not sure i would cath it on anything as the flap would always be over the bottom plate when carrying the bag, but i can get my finger tips underneath it on the side where it sticks out enough to be able to hold it under the plate if that makes sense.

Oh dear, I wonder when they 'tighten' the lock they removed or loosen the plate then didn't put it back properly?? My denim ticking Julia's plate is perfectly fitted.

If you can be bothered I think it's worth rasing the point NOW - otherwise you will regret not doing so in the future? Why not send those photos via e-mail first and see what they say?

Good luck... :sad:

Thanks ratrat. I think the replaced the whole plate because it wasn't like that when i sent it off and the material on the back of where it is attached it distorted as if it's not been attached straight.

It is bugging me so will contact them otherwise just won't use the bays which would be a bit pointless.

It's worth complaining abouty how that's been fitted. When i complained about the re-inking on my choc phoebe they sorted it for me pretty quickly. If it's going to bug you and affect your enjoyment of the bag you need it to be fixed properly.

It will niggle at you and you will never feel quite right about the bag so the problem should be addressed with them straight away. Alternatively you could just give it to me and I will use it for you!!! :biggrin::graucho::graucho::graucho::biggrin: