Update on aubergine tma

tlloveshim

Emmy!
O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
I thought I'd do an update on how the aubergine tma is working out and how the leather is breaking in for those that are curious! This is an outstanding bag! Yes, it's big but I'm not a big bag girl yet find this one easy to use. It isn't heavy IMHO and it's not hard to get in and out of. I love the shorter straps which fit easily on my shoulders and I'm not a small gal! The inside is nice and roomy plus I like having the secret compartment. The only thing I'd change is I'd put magnetic snaps on my compartment's flap but I believe Maya told me those are standard now. (Not sure if it's standard on the aubergine tma spring bags though!)

The leather is fabulous! It arrived slouchy already but has broken in so nicely that I know it'll only get better with time. It appears to me that the sheen or glossiness has even toned down with use! Maybe it's just my imagination but no matter, I like it! The leather is also developing more crackling and veining throughout which I also like for this style and color. And the color! I love this color! If you are someone who wants to have a little color but not be bright, look-at-me then aubergine is a great way to go! It is so lovely to look at! It's like a nice dark purpley plum! Yummy!

This is my first sheen/glossy leather so I can't compare it to anything else but I wil l say that so far this is a favorite, second only to matte purple. I'd take aubergine over matte chocolate even which actually surprises me!

Here's pics!

In the beginning:
100_0122.jpg

The leather wasn't stiff but it was glossier. This is a pretty close representation of the true color too, I believe.

Now:
HPIM7448.jpg

HPIM7450.jpg

HPIM7451.jpg

The color hasn't changed, it's just the lighting today is brighter.
This is an awesome bag! :love:

Oo:huh: ... I love the wrinkles developing! I can't wait to get my Aubergine bag in ... I ordered a TME. When I first saw the swatch it wasn't one that I felt I had to get, but after reading some comments on the colour, I took a second look and am glad I took the plunge. Thanks for posting the new photos ... it's so pretty!

I've got a TMA too, mine has gold hardware and I also have to say that it is surprisingly light. My white TMA is much heavier than this aubergine one.

The sheen leather is so smooshy and the smell .... don't get me started on the smell.

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!