Update of Chanel Australia II

Hi everyone, do you have any recommendations for a friendly and knowledgeable SA in Chanel Sydney?

This is going to be my first Chanel purchase. I went there November 2020 and they were unfriendly. The SA lady that helped me wasn’t very helpful and didn’t really care. I really felt like a burden being in the store at all. In fact, i already felt scared enough to enter a Chanel store, afraid to be looked down upon and it really came to be my first experience with Chanel.

I couldn’t really bother to take a picture and decide because they were giving me looks and kept staring at me with no smile as if they knew that I couldn’t afford their products. But i can and i was going to buy one. I was too disappointed for their service. I know i’m not alone in experiencing this awful service from Chanel Sydney but i’m giving Chanel Sydney a second chance. I wish my experience would be better this time.

If anyone could recommend me a nice SA, that would be nice.

please!
Hi, I have similar question but for chadstone store in Melbourne. I have not come across any friendly or helpful SA's every single time I went in. They looked at me as if they owned the store themselves and I was never going to afford a bag. If anyone knows a genuinely nice SA please let me know. TIA.

you could call client services to check on stock andif they can locate for you they will direct you to an SA from a store.

you can check with that SA if she/he can assist with future purchases

Does anyone know when the markdown starts?
Seems like HK or prob US has started for VIPs...
Last year Aus started their markdown a bit earlier than usual in June so wondering if that’s the case for this year as well:doh:

Hi everyone, do you have any recommendations for a friendly and knowledgeable SA in Chanel Sydney?

This is going to be my first Chanel purchase. I went there November 2020 and they were unfriendly. The SA lady that helped me wasn’t very helpful and didn’t really care. I really felt like a burden being in the store at all. In fact, i already felt scared enough to enter a Chanel store, afraid to be looked down upon and it really came to be my first experience with Chanel.

I couldn’t really bother to take a picture and decide because they were giving me looks and kept staring at me with no smile as if they knew that I couldn’t afford their products. But i can and i was going to buy one. I was too disappointed for their service. I know i’m not alone in experiencing this awful service from Chanel Sydney but i’m giving Chanel Sydney a second chance. I wish my experience would be better this time.

If anyone could recommend me a nice SA, that would be nice.

please!

We're in Sydney for my birthday and had very pleasant experience in both Castlereagh and Westfield boutique! We first went to Westfield to look at a Boy. I wanted a beige colour and prior our visit, I contacted customer services to enquire the availability... unfortunately, beige was not in stock. Fast forward to our visit, Emi (our SA in Westfield) told us 2 were delivered to their store just the day before and she can put one on hold for me until the store closes that day. We had dinner reservation so we said we'll try to come back. She then very kindly offered to hold it for me until noon of the following day.

The next day, we visited Chanel Castlereagh in the morning and also had a lovely SA named Richard. He showed me a light pink, small Boy that I almost bought on the spot. I also tried on beige and black slingbacks. He was so friendly and his product knowledge is :tup: we had to go to the Aquarium so we had to leave in a hurry but if not for that, I'd have bought the bag from Richard and his customer service skills ALONE. I was really sad when I sms'd him after to ask about the bag and found out it was sold after we left. I really wanted to give him that commission but alas...

My husband dragged me to Chanel Westfield and we queued up. Fortunately Emi saw us so she made us jump the queue. We were sat on the chairs directly in front of the entrance and while she still had to ring up the other customers she was already serving before we got inside, we didn't mind. I walked around and looked at the other bags that caught my fancy. It was a Saturday afternoon and the boutique was BUSY!

Emi ended up extending my hold on the bag because it was already way past 12noon (3pm as a matter of fact!). I bought the medium, beige Bag and Emi even gave our daughter a small Chanel paper bag of her own filled with stickers, Camellia and a Chanel card.

I'm really surprised at the negative reviews both stores have. We had an absolute pleasant experience from the other SAs and guards in both boutiques.

Be confident when you walk in. You can afford the bag that's why you're there. You're buying, they're selling. Big difference :smile: don't let them intimidate you. Intimidate them first :lol: FYI we weren't dressed up but we weren't dressed down either. We're in no means a VIP client - we're not even in the Australian system as I buy my Chanel from Japan and France!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has a contact they can share in the Sydney Westfield store? I am just wanting to check an item is in stock before I travel to the store (3hr drive) but I didn’t realise the customer service line is not open on the weekends when I spoke to CS last week there was just one left (not popular so likely to still be there). I usually buy other brands and this will be my first Chanel purchase so I do not have a SA at Chanel. Thank you in adavance!