Update of Chanel Australia II

hey ladies, i missed out on the caviar minis, should i go for the patent minis instead?
I have never owned anything patent before, is it more durable than caviar leather? thanks xx

I have a red chevron patent mini. Haven’t had any stickiness issues with it so far, but I can’t say I’ve gone around placing it on various counters/surfaces. The humidity issue is more prominent if you live in places like Singapore or Malaysia, so I think being in Australia should be fine. I have been caught in light rain before, and water just wipes right off the patent leather like a raincoat.

The only thing I was warned about by the SA was possible colour transfer ie. don’t have it rub against dark fabric such as denim. I just give it a good wipe down after each use with the felt inserts that come with the bag before I pack it with stuffing and store in its dust bag.

I also own two caviar bags - I would probably say patent is not as durable as caviar because of transfer issue, but really, can anything match caviar for durability?!

The patent finish really does give coloured leather a real “pop” and certainly makes black leather really stand out.

I have a red chevron patent mini. Haven’t had any stickiness issues with it so far, but I can’t say I’ve gone around placing it on various counters/surfaces. The humidity issue is more prominent if you live in places like Singapore or Malaysia, so I think being in Australia should be fine. I have been caught in light rain before, and water just wipes right off the patent leather like a raincoat.

The only thing I was warned about by the SA was possible colour transfer ie. don’t have it rub against dark fabric such as denim. I just give it a good wipe down after each use with the felt inserts that come with the bag before I pack it with stuffing and store in its dust bag.

I also own two caviar bags - I would probably say patent is not as durable as caviar because of transfer issue, but really, can anything match caviar for durability?!

The patent finish really does give coloured leather a real “pop” and certainly makes black leather really stand out.

Thanks for sharing. I am looking into getting a dark color patent mini (black/dark blue), so color transfer shouldn't be an issue. despite the transfer issue, do you think patent should be more durable than caviar? I am asking this cuz I have a few caviar bags, and got some of the corners where the leather peeled/scuffed.

What’s current price of mini square?

On official websites here is no feature of mini square, found a few Boy but tell me what’s this size belong to old or new medium?

TIA

IMG_6872.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I am looking into getting a dark color patent mini (black/dark blue), so color transfer shouldn't be an issue. despite the transfer issue, do you think patent should be more durable than caviar? I am asking this cuz I have a few caviar bags, and got some of the corners where the leather peeled/scuffed.

Oh, I see. I’m pretty new to Chanel, so my bags are only 2-4 years old. I do recall reading on this forum about issues with patent leather “cracking” - but this seemed like a quality issue with a new bag, rather than a wear sign with older patent bags. Maybe search old threads?

Good luck with your decision - I haven’t regretted purchasing patent but I don’t use it as an “everyday” bag.

Reactions: agnesman1996
Hi...I am wanting to buy a Woc in black caviar leather. Are they hard to find? Would I need to go on a waiting list? Or would I be better to look for an excellent condition second hand woc instead?

Are you after the classic style WOC? I think it depends where you are. I’m in Melbourne and the SAs at the Flinders Lane boutique told me that only the Chadstone boutique carries the classic WOCs. When I went to Chadstone to ask, they kind of laughed at me and said I wouldn’t be able to “just walk in and get one” :/ this was back in August 2017.

That being said, I was able to walk into the Flinders Lane boutique in Dec and managed to get a black caviar boy WOC in the new style (magnetic closure).

Good luck!

Hi all,

I live in Melbourne and find the CBD boutique quite hard to buy anything. The SAs I saw were generally unhelpful. I'm desperately looking for a so black mini rec chevron. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me their SA contact details.

Thanks!

Reactions: Wei Wei
Hi all,

I live in Melbourne and find the CBD boutique quite hard to buy anything. The SAs I saw were generally unhelpful. I'm desperately looking for a so black mini rec chevron. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me their SA contact details.

Thanks!

I have a very good SA from the Chadstone store but I dont have his contact, let me know if you are interested to know which SA.