Update, my repaired veneta!!!! It's finally here!

Syma

O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
Hi guys,

For those of you who haven't seen my previous threads, I was looking for a large rivet veneta on ebay in the same colour as the one worn by ashley olsen, I found one with the help of a lovely pfrmer and bought it from a seller on ebay even though she told me that the corners had wear and the lining was a bit stained from use. When it arrived, I loved the thick slouchiness of the leather but the corners were bothering me because I'm so used to babying my bags, so off to BV she went to see if they could change the lining and repair the corners.

The BV SA's loved the bag and said that Italy normally charge around 100-150GBP to change the lining (any colour you want) and extra for the corners, although they may not be able to do the corners without ripping through the lining.

After 6 weeks of patiently waiting I got a call from my SA saying that they would charge 750 euros (around 1100 USD) for repairing the bag. Needless to say I was :wtf: as I only paid 1000USD for the bag in the first place. I posted on the forum, and received lots of lovely advise from you here with regards to whether this amount was reasonable or not, I can understand why BV was charging me so much because they said that they would have to break the rivets to replace the lining and re-do the braiding around the veneta which is why it would be sooo expensive.:crybaby:

Anyways after much :confused1: and :crybaby:. I got back to my SA with a :idea: and asked her if they could do just the leather work on the corners and leave the lining (as no one sees it anyway)

After much begging and pleading from my lovely SA, they agreed to do the corners without ripping through the lining for GET THIS 40 GBP. I was :yahoo:. They took 3 days and the bag is here.

I got a call from my SA who told me that it looks brilliant! and she is right, you can't even see the repairs on the corners. The lining was still a bit dirty but I've gone over it gently with a suede block and it doesn't look too bad any more!!! The best thing about this bag is the gorgeous thick goatskin leather which feels amazing and the fact that this veneta is broken in like no other BV that I have (probably because I baby my bags too much).

I'm posting some before and after pics so that you can see my rescue mission for yourself....

Here is a pic of the bag that started it all :love:

Attachments

• ashley.jpg
    ashley.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 244
Before pics

Attachments

• rivet 1.JPG
    rivet 1.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 194
  • rivet corner.JPG
    rivet corner.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 249
  • rivet corner2.JPG
    rivet corner2.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 269
  • suede lining.JPG
    suede lining.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 221
Wow, it looks terrific Syma! I'm so happy for you that it worked out after all this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely adore that bag. I remember when it first came out and I still kick myself for not having bought one.

Oh syma, I'm so happy it all worked out! I definitely think you did the right thing in the end by doing the corners and not the lining - and it looks great! Enjoy now that you finally have it the way you want it!

ah Syma, I am so happy that you found the best solution for you and your rivet!! it looks fantastic!!
I love that BV stands by their products so firmly and accommodates the customers' needs.

now onto your modeling pics, yes?:yes:

Syma i am beyond thrilled for you. it was heartbreaking to see such damage on a stunning bag and i am happy that you got such a bargain and got it repaired. congratulations and wear it in good health.