UPDATE I can't believe some people can be SO hurtful AND clueless!!

Buy your Hermes and enjoy it. Hermes bags are made for every type of woman---it's about loving the bags, not the clothes!lol It's sad when hurtful people try to ruin things. Don't let your friend ruin the wonderful world of Hermes for you.

So are we suppossed to switch cars and/or bags depending upon what type of shopping we are doing.

You are very brave and did the right thing. AND Wow what a confirmation of who she really is. Its always hard to loose a long term relationship because of the time you have invested in it and it sometimes may make you wonder how you ended up with that person in the first place. You were probably just trying to see the best in someone.

Can't wait to see your Hermes purchase and congrats on your Mommyhood.

this is what is called "placing all of your eggs in one basket". your former "friend" apparently puts all her self-worth in her heavily crafted lifestyle. and her rules adhere to everyone else around her too. the saying, "misery loves company" comes to mind. if she were fashion forward she'd understand that much of Hermes clientele are actually mothers with the luxury of staying home to care for their children. But this doesn't apply to her so she ignores it. And wow- do i feel sorry for a woman so meticulously self conscious that she has to think about what car and which bag to take to which place and won't go to certain places because the vehicle and purse don't match the establishment. i was at a dinner party a few months ago at my friends home who is in charge of private banking here in LA, mostly for celebrities, but mainly for anyone rich. the mother of one very famous fashion mogul was there and told us stories of her [her words] "brave daughter" who went to some crack den in Harlem wearing a full on Chanel suit in order to retrieve her husband who was obviously there to buy narcotics. she seemed so impressed by her daughters' lack of social pretense. i just thought it was a funny story. sad too, considering the topic was mainly about her son-in-laws' demise with drugs. anyway, i believe variety is the spice of life. the most interesting [and some of the richest, mind you] women in the world were adventurous and spirited women who tried everything and went everywhere, came back home, went to their local Hermes, told their stories, and then had a scarf created to commemorate the adventure! i understand the desire to want quality in all things, whether it's the dish liquid to clean your porcelain plates or the cashmere slippers to warm your feet on a cold night, but if someone doesn't have the same exact priorities as you does not mean you are in a position to judge. and where is she pulling this dollar store idea from anyway? it sounds to me like she's really made up her mind about who you are. i feel badly for her, honestly. she is so cooped up in the box she's created for herself that she can't see daylight anymore.

I pointed out maybe that is why they have a Jag and a Birkin, bargin shopping for the necessitis
So true! I know a lot of well off people who bargain shop. I think it's a wise way to manage money. :yes: You definitely don't need ppl like her to be your friend. After all, friends are supposed to support one another, she is definitely NOT doing that!

Speaking of bargain hunt, there was a thread called "Frugal Habits" on the H forum where the fellow H ladies share their frugal habit. It's pretty cool. :yes: