Update decision- Saintonge, Croisette or Alma BB

Mar 27, 2010
hi! Still deciding on ideal smaller travel bag. Already have the Pouchette Métis which I love but I feel is too bulky for what I need. Pouchette Felicie is just too small. Need to fit small wallet, sunglasses and small camera and/or maybe iPhone as well. Want something grab and go, something easy that I can grab on way out to dinner at the beach or in a cruise. Considering the bags I mentioned in my subject line.

Saintonge is prob perfect for the job but I’m not in lvoe with the look. Alma bb love the price and look but I wonder if it’s too structured for this job. Croisette, love the look but wondering if it’s pretty much the same as my Pouchette Métis.

Here’s a couple modeling pics in store... not of Alma though because she wasn’t on radar yet.

Thanks for advice!

Attachments

• 000F1AA3-7754-44EB-BFE6-6DD3ADB53B92.jpeg
    000F1AA3-7754-44EB-BFE6-6DD3ADB53B92.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 705
  • B5D1B7D7-6F86-40D6-98DD-33FEF719AAD1.jpeg
    B5D1B7D7-6F86-40D6-98DD-33FEF719AAD1.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 708
Reactions: LouisVuitton4Me
hi! Still deciding on ideal smaller travel bag. Already have the Pouchette Métis which I love but I feel is too bulky for what I need. Pouchette Felicie is just too small. Need to fit small wallet, sunglasses and small camera and/or maybe iPhone as well. Want something grab and go, something easy that I can grab on way out to dinner at the beach or in a cruise. Considering the bags I mentioned in my subject line.

Saintonge is prob perfect for the job but I’m not in lvoe with the look. Alma bb love the price and look but I wonder if it’s too structured for this job. Croisette, love the look but wondering if it’s pretty much the same as my Pouchette Métis.

Here’s a couple modeling pics in store... not of Alma though because she wasn’t on radar yet.

Thanks for advice!

I like the Croisette on you... what about the favorite MM?

Reactions: Butterlite
Croisette looks great on you! Saintonge too so won’t go wrong with either. Alma BB (love, classic) but for a travel bag is structured and even DE isn’t as care free as it is touted to be because of the base leather trim which is very prone to scratches etc. For carefree travel crossbody croisette or saintonge imo from the options.

I think both bags look really nice on you. I would say the Croisette looks a little better because I am partial to the DE pattern. How do you like the zipper on the Saintonge compared to the flap opening on the Croisette? I looked at the Saintonge at one point, but the soft leather on the surrounding of the bag turned me off. I ended up buying the YSL lou camera bag, which has similar dimensions as the Saintonge. I have an Alma BB in DE as well. I actually do like my Alma BB as a travel bag. It's small but holds all the essentials.

Reactions: littleblackbag
I think both bags look really nice on you. I would say the Croisette looks a little better because I am partial to the DE pattern. How do you like the zipper on the Saintonge compared to the flap opening on the Croisette? I looked at the Saintonge at one point, but the soft leather on the surrounding of the bag turned me off. I ended up buying the YSL lou camera bag, which has similar dimensions as the Saintonge. I have an Alma BB in DE as well. I actually do like my Alma BB as a travel bag. It's small but holds all the essentials.
I haven't had my Alma BB in DE for long so haven't used it much yet, but I'm fairly certain its a great bag for travel. Especially if in a busy city, I think its quite a safe and secure bag to travel with. I plan to use it for trips and suchlike.

Reactions: sera3m45 and KS3

Thanks for advice!

Of those two I think the croisette looks better. With that said, I have the Alma bb and I LOVE it. It holds what you listed and more probably, although of the three you listed I would assume it holds the least, but of the theee it’s the only one I own so I can’t be sure. I have a four and 1 year old and cannot baby my bags when out with them. Obviously they are priority and my bags take a bit of a beating on things. I feared the Alma bottom would get scuffed and almost sold it. I’m so so so glad I didn’t because it’s honestly the best bag and I love using it. Will probably take with me on my trip to Europe since it zips and can be dressed up or down. I think your other two are more casual? Maybe it’s just me :smile:GL deciding!

Reactions: handbagobession