Update: Buyers Beware of Saks.com!!!

wt880014

O.G.
Jul 15, 2007
I have been away from tPF for a few days and when I read the thread about the fake BV bag from Bergdorf it made my blood boil!!! You see I am the one who received the fake BV from Saks.com. I ordered an ebano ball bag and they shipped me a fake medium copper veneta. I called them immediately and told them of the situation. I was not led to believe the return would be a problem, after all they did not send me the item I ordered. Saks.com even arranged for the FedEx pickup. Well after a month of dealing with customer service they have refused to credit my account for the return, claiming they cannot accept the return of a bag they never sold. Can you imagine my anger and disgust? They never even sent me the bag I ordered and was charged for. To make me even sicker they had the nerve to send the fake bag back to me! And yes, it is the original piece of shame they first sent me! I do not recommend ordering anything from a website that charges you for a product you never receive and has the audacity to, in effect, label an innocent person a scammer!!! I have had to get legal assistance. I suddenly have a new found passion for consumer protection rights!! Fellow tPF this is so wrong! I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I don't know where you live, but my advice is you phone the Attorney General's office ASAP. Arm yourself with pics, receipts, even the box it came in, if you didn't throw it away! Follow up with a letter and watch things roll!!! I did this with a car and it works! We, as citizens, have rights and should NEVER be taken advantage of fraudulantly! Most especially from and upscale concern!! Good luck!

Call your credit card company and get them in on this as well. You should not have to pay for a fake bag. I am so sorry this is happening to you. What a way to take the joy out of what should be a fun purchase!

So sorry you have been treated so poorly by SAKS! Don't give up, go after them until they credit your SAKS credit card!! Don't pay your bill! I'm sure you are getting great advice from your attorney.
I will not buy anything from SAKS until this is resolved in your favor!

This is a fellow tPFer being treated like a criminal, could have been anyone of us!

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to hear this.
I didn't think it would turn out this way when I read your story.
You should call your credit card company asap.
They usually have a certain period of time for the insurance or guarantee.
Good luck! I'm sure it will work out.