Upcoming Sale on Chloe at NM- Betty, Paddy- the whole gang

Hi everyone. Thanks for mentioning this sale. Too bad all of the stores are closed right now. Tomorrow morning I will call NM or Nordstrom. I am also looking for a Betty. I am not sure what size is better. Does anyone know if the medium is too big? I heard that the large is 16"x17".

^^^ Oh, that's a real bummer! I would definitely double-check. It sounds weird to me that Nordstroms would have them on sale and NM wouldn't... but then again... maybe not so much... Good luck, Ann!

BalenciagaLove said:
^^^ Oh, that's a real bummer! I would definitely double-check. It sounds weird to me that Nordstroms would have them on sale and NM wouldn't... but then again... maybe not so much... Good luck, Ann!

Thank goodness you got that Betty from Nordstroms!!! I still can't believe no Bettys are going on sale though. That seems odd in light of the other dept stores that ARE selling them at a discount! Hmm. Oh well, I guess that is NM's loss.

Congrats again on your Betty!:flowers:

I also called NM. They told me to call back on Monday. The SA said that he doesn't know of any sales until Monday. So I guess they just don't want to tell us. Does anyone know why the medium Betty on Netaporter is 1970? On NM's website the large is only 1800.

^^^ That's because they are different styles. The NAP Betty's are from the Spring 2006, whereas the NM Online Betty's are the Summer 06 styles.

If you look at the zippers, that's where the telling sign is. Notice on the Spring zippers, the gold rings and the leather grips. The Summer does not have that. Also, there is a gold latching device on the Spring bags, that the summer does not. So that attributes the difference in price.

While first, I was preferring the summer Betty, the more I thought about it, I think the spring Betty has more the Chloe look to it. So if the small details are worth the difference in price to you, or not, then that would help you decide which one to go for.

Good luck! What color are you looking for? :flowers:

Attachments

• chloe spring betty.jpg
    chloe spring betty.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 43
  • summer betty2.jpg
    summer betty2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 55
BalenciagaLove said:
Good luck! What color are you looking for? :flowers:

Hi. Thanks for the response. Your information was very helpful! I never even knew that the summer version did not have the gold latch. the summer version has that zipper pull like on the Ediths. I just went to Ebay to look at some supersize images. You are right the spring version looks more like the Chloe style. The summer version is kind of boring. I was getting really confused because the SAs were telling me diff. prices and the internet sites had diff. prices. I am very sure that I want to get the spring version. I was looking for some sort of light brown. I don't think that it is the tan color cuz that looks yellow. I read that you are getting ivory. That definitely will be a nice color. Or even black.

^^^ Oh, I think the chamois actually looks a lot better in rl than it does in the photos. In the photos, it does look quite a bit yellow. If you have a store that carries Chloe, I would definitely take a look.

Asides from white, the chamois is my next favorite color. The black also looks great too (I do need a casual black bag :graucho: :graucho: ). I was confused by the whole price thing too and the SA that I worked with didn't know enough about Chloe.

The sizing is a little weird too. I haven't been able to decipher it all. According to one Nordstrom rep, the Spring medium is the same as the summer large.

They also make this green olive one that I kind of like too. So many decisions!!!! I hope you find the bag that you're looking for!!!

Attachments

• green betty.jpg
    green betty.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 41
I just spoke with my SA at NM. No Betty's on sale.:sad: I did call Georgette at Nordy's at she has a few left. I wanted the hobo and those did not get marked down:sad:. My question is: there is a medium size for $1970. What size is it really? I looked at the NM site, and for that price it is the large. Do I want a small?

No, don't get a small. I had it and it was too small, very boxy, and awkard. I thought the 1970 version was large but Georgette called it medium on the phone.

roey said:
No, don't get a small. I had it and it was too small, very boxy, and awkard. I thought the 1970 version was large but Georgette called it medium on the phone.

Uh Oh -I just ordered the extra small. Georgette did the measurements for me. The medium is the large ($1970) at 16 inches. The small is 13 inches ($1720) and the extra small ($1515) is 12 inches. The small she had was the green which I did not want. The extra small is brown. I guess I have a few days to wander over to NM and see what the sizes are really like.

I ended up ordering the Betty from San Diego UTC. For some reason, the Black ones at Georgette's Nordstroms aren't on sale, but the ones at UTC are on sale. It's so confusing!!! Why isn't it the same across the board??