Upcoming Purchases...Questions too...Need input

vanbruntsa

purses/shoes/bling!
O.G.
Feb 16, 2008
Hi all!

Am gearing up to make some big purchases..well big for me :P

I am currently down to owning 2 handbags now: LV Damier Ebene Speedy 30 and LV Mono Neverfull GM ( i alternate between these 2 bags every single day-they are my absolute staples)

So-what I am needing:

First, I would like to have a nice going out bag. I have been looking at the chanel caviar leather with silver hardware wallet on a chain. I love the fact that it is a classic bag and can be worn 3 ways (cross body/clutch/on shoulder with chain). Should I get this bag?

Next, I would also like a nice/sleek workbag. I prefer this to be in black. I have been going over the LV epi line which I love but nothing there seems to call to me. I love the Madeleine GM but it is way too small to hold my legal files. I had my heart set on it. It has to have a zipper, btw. Any suggestions here?

Last, I would like a nice hobo bag that can be worn year round. I was thinking either an ivory/off-white/taupe/beige/ tan color. Something extremely versatile. I recently looked at the LV Galliera PM in Azur and while I like this bag a lot, the vachetta/black ring issue really freaks me out. Plus that bling bling gold plate in the front is a lot for me. I need some more suggestions on this. I am open to trying the following brands: BV, YSL, Balenciaga, Prada, or anything else anyone suggests with classic styles.

Sorry this is long but I know this particular forum can help me out! :smile:

Last edited:
I like your choice of the speedy, but I don't know if it fits all your qualifications. My favorite bag is the galliera in azur. According to LV the black ring thing has been fixed. It is undecided if that is the truth or not, but I got one about a month ago and there is not even a hint of a problem. There has also been some cases where LV had exchanged the bag out for a new one if the black appears. none the less the galliera is sooo worth it.

I like your choice of the speedy, but I don't know if it fits all your qualifications. My favorite bag is the galliera in azur. According to LV the black ring thing has been fixed. It is undecided if that is the truth or not, but I got one about a month ago and there is not even a hint of a problem. There has also been some cases where LV had exchanged the bag out for a new one if the black appears. none the less the galliera is sooo worth it.

i actually already own the speedy so i am not lusting after it. it is the 3 other bags that i need. one for work, one for casual year-round and one for nights out.

good to know about the galliera ;)

Last edited: