Upcoming Price Increase?

lebaldassarre

all hail balenciaga
May 18, 2008
I just spoke to my SA at Neiman's while I was putting a few bags on hold, and she informed me that my timing was incredible because there was an upcoming price increase the first week of June. Now, the jumbo classic caviar flap will be 2950 instead of 2650, and all other prices will be raised relatively.

has anyone else heard about this or am I the only one?

hmm does that make any sense though? if thats the case then all the lookbooks are wrong since the new lambskin bags for fall have not increased and with the supposed caviar increase, it will be more than the lambskin flap.

this must be some kind of joke, or a method that the sa's use to lure more customers in. Its like everytime they mention 'price increase', we flock in and buy like there's no tomorrow. If the jumbo flaps are really going up to $3000, i wont be able to justify my purchase at all. I mean its only been a little over a year since the jumbo used to cost $1695. I find this kind of insulting that chanel increases their prices almost every quarter of the year.

^^^Yeah, Chanel pricing is getting right up there. What bothers me so much is how often they seem to be raising prices. They must think they are oil companies or something.

well I was wondering if that could possibly be true, since it doesn't make sense, and I heard the same "no price increase" from an SA at the Chanel boutique...but more people have told me there IS a price increase than isn't.
But I trust the lookbooks, and if the prices aren't higher, then I feel nothing but relief!
Just checking to see if anyone else had heard anything. Thanks so much for all the input.