Up To There

Sybaryte

Jul 19, 2008
A mini-review:

Up To There is the zipped Boogie in Bella leather...and it may finally be the bag that non-Boogie-lovers love.

Quoting Luna Boston, Bella leather is "smooth, polished and supple." OK, I'd call it mostly smooth. The bottom of the Ruby bag I received has ripples on the bottom panel unlike the body of the bag which were all evenly matched and fairly smooth. I like leather with some variation and this was fine.

Headline...the strap is perfect! No breaking in or hanging on doorknobs required! Same suede underside and this Aberdeen is soft with a sheen. How it should be! Secondly, it conforms to your body better since Bella has more slouch than Crunch. I found the Crunch Boogie unflattering to wear with its boxy shape. Not a problem with Up To There. And finally, it's still an extremely lightweight bag.

Quibbles and bits: The style of the Boogie is better suited to a snap/magnet closure not a zipper. And I miss having an outside pocket.

[P.S. Ruby is actually maroon, as pgtea mentioned and I love the color but I'm returning it in exchange for the same bag in Deep Ocean. Can't say no to that sweet LB deal but I don't like light or bright blue bags so I'm hoping this one is truly deep.]

Beeb - An exterior pocket is one of my must haves on all bags with rare exception. The flip side of course is that it adds weight - that's why I will make an exception for this bag. There are too many other things I don't like about the Boogie to make an exception for it.

^ Aha! Gotcha. I thought maybe an older style of the Boogie (before my time) may have had a pocket.
Do you really think a pocket adds a noticeable amount of weight? I never noticed a difference before.

A single relatively small pocket - probably not. But anytime you start doubling up layers of leather and lining, you're adding weight. I'm trying to reduce the size and weight of the items inside my bag to lighten the load. Three ounces here, three ounces there...pretty soon you're at a pound.

I know that you are returning the bag, but is there any way you could do a quick post of some pics? Just so we can see what it looks like. Those online pics aren't always the best versions of what a bag looks like. And I think tons of us have still posted pics of bags we have returned.

Received my blue Up to There yesterday. Not in love but it will do given the price. I liked the leather and the color better on the Ruby...oh well. This one will work when I'm wearing my "uniform" of jeans with a black top. Also, forgot to mention previously that one of the reasons why this bag isn't as boxy as the Boogie is because the bottom panel is Bella not Aberdeen.

I'm posting photos including a close-up of the leather panels which don't match - some smooth, some slightly pebbled.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3400.JPG
    IMG_3400.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3401.JPG
    IMG_3401.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_3402.JPG
    IMG_3402.JPG