up in popularity?

I think people are looking more at Gucci because the latest collection is a lot more appealing to a wider range of people than previous seasons. In general Gucci is also cheaper than brands like LV and Chanel, which will really help it during an economic slump.

cheaper than chanel i agree....but most bags are the same price as LV bags....

lv just has a LOT more accessories then gucci and their accessories are generally cheaper than gucci ones....but the bags.... speedy, neverfull etc etc

i think they just started a list in the LV forum and it turns out a ****LOAD of bags are under a 1000, same as with gucci.....but the leather bags/LE bags are more rare and cost more....just like lv! :smile:

For me it's because LV keeps increasing their prices and I feel like I can get more value from Gucci. Also doesn't hurt that I really like the classic Gucci styles and am getting bored with LV.

i think it's because of the new collection as well. a lot of people i know that have bought lv for years love the joy bostons. also a lot of the younger generation can afford more of the gucci pieces because they're a lot cheaper. i came on the "band-wagon" late couple years ago but my first choice was still gucci because of the style. the signature monogram is still eye candy to me :P

As a hardcore Vuittonite who has recently ventured to Gucci, I will admit that the Gucci Loves NY Joy bag was what caught my attention. Once in Gucci, the amazing designs by Allessandra Facchinetti completely won me over. There is a black, white and yellow shirtdress that I am drooling over! And the bags... OMG, have you SEEN that butterfly bag? Not to mention that pink, black and white Hysteria bag gracing the pages of Elle Accessories.

You can thank Ms. Facchinetti and her new direction of the brand. She's doing a fantastic job.