Unwanted nail polishes... what to do with them?

Apr 2, 2007
What do you ladies do with nail polishes you no longer use/feel you've outgrown? :shrugs:

I was reorganizing my nail polishes today and took out about seven bottles of polishes that I once liked or thought were cute. Do any of you ladies recycle them by giving them away, throw them away or just save them and hope you'll have a purpose for them again in the future?

I took out 15 or so polishes from my collection and just out them aside in a bag. I was going to toss them, but I was thinking of just pouring/splattering them on a small canvas and use it as art on my wall. I'm not sure how that will turn out, but I guess it's worth a try since they're all drugstore polishes.

There's also a program that Zoya does where you send them your old polishes to recyle and they'll trade you new Zoyas. I'm not 100% sure how it works or if they still do this.

What do you ladies do with nail polishes you no longer use/feel you've outgrown? :shrugs:

I was reorganizing my nail polishes today and took out about seven bottles of polishes that I once liked or thought were cute. Do any of you ladies recycle them by giving them away, throw them away or just save them and hope you'll have a purpose for them again in the future?

I pass them off to my friends generally but now I'm curious about this zoya program....

The Zoya recycle program is once a year. Typically in the spring around Earth Day, if I remember correctly. During the promo, you can order up to a certain # of polishes (24, I think) and you have to mail in the same # of polishes from other brands. You do have to pay for shipping, but other than that it's a great promo! Def keep your eyes peeled in March/April.

I usually give them away to friends/neighbours/coworkers/mebers on TPF.

I think it is always great to share and give them away to where they are more appriciated if I don't like them anymore.

That Zoya Program sounds great! A shame that we don't have something like that over here!

Do you work outside the home?
Put the polishes in a box, label "free to a good home" if you wish, and put the box in the ladies room(s) in your building. They will be gone in no time!
I have done this several times at my work.

Thanks for the input ladies! I love all of the new ideas. I just feel so wasteful with throwing them out.

Put the polishes in a box, label "free to a good home" if you wish, and put the box in the ladies room(s) in your building. They will be gone in no time!

This is actually a really interesting idea... I don't know why I didn't think about giving them to co-workers since everyone loves freebies :smile:

The Zoya recycle program is once a year. Typically in the spring around Earth Day, if I remember correctly. During the promo, you can order up to a certain # of polishes (24, I think) and you have to mail in the same # of polishes from other brands. You do have to pay for shipping, but other than that it's a great promo! Def keep your eyes peeled in March/April.

Oh wow. I'm totally doing that. I'll start hoarding my unwanted polished and can create a massive zoya stash. Whee.... :happydance:

Such a great idea! I'm going to save some for the exchange box but I'll probably do this with the ones I don't put in the box.