Unveiling my long awaited GGH Raisin City! *Raisin owners, advice please?*

starsnhevn

O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Long story short... this has been a big saga for me. When I saw the Raisin GGH combo, I was in love. I wanted to get a PT, and was "this" close to getting one, but it was taken off hold from BalLA (SA apologized, yadda yadda yadda). So out of principle... I just thought, I can't buy what I truly want. Well, after weeks of lusting after this combo, I broke down and bought the Raising GGH City.

It just arrived minutes ago. I am in love with it, but I'm curious... does it look like there are two raisin colors on the bag? I know that there are variations in dye, leather, etc... but when I was taking photos, the bag's "trim" seemed lighter. I think it shows up more with the flash." It isn't ugly by any means.. just not sure its "perfect." lol What do you all think?

Here are some quick pics....

In my sunroom (no flash)
IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

In the living room (some with flash)
IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

Hmmm, slight but I can see what you're talking about.

How are you loving this bag though? I think ultimately it's your call. I just hope it doesn't eat away at you(not getting the PT w/c you orig wanted, shade variations) because in the end it just might bug you so much. It can take the joy out of owning such a lovely bag.

Congratulations btw. I know she's a stunner. I just got mine with gsh!

How are you loving this bag though? I think ultimately it's your call. I just hope it doesn't eat away at you(not getting the PT w/c you orig wanted, shade variations) because in the end it just might bug you so much. It can take the joy out of owning such a lovely bag.

Ditto that ^^ But it adds classiness and individuality to YOUR bag kwim??
Congrats she is a stunner!!!

It's gorgeous! I don't think I would have noticed it if you didn't mention it. If it only shows up when the flash hits it, I wouldn't be bothered by it. That is a beautiful color combo!

I see what you mean, but it's very slight and I think your new bag is absolutely gorgeous! I have seen the same thing on a couple of bals I've had through the years (that and the opposite effect where the trim seems a touch darker than the rest of the bag) - I think it's just an intrinsic part of some of the bal leather. But honestly, your bag is just beautiful! Enjoy it!

Does yours have any variation on the trim? It isn't a part time, but I have had my share of city bags and its a good size too. I can just buy a different part time in a new color when the next season's colors come out. lol. :smile: I'm going to see if the SA can find me another one in the same tone... if not, then I'm going to keep her. She is too pretty to let go. The color has haunted me for months....

I feel a lot better guys! I'm glad I have a bunch of obsessed bbag lovers to chat with. Its like when you get it, and you think its perfect, but then its not really.. and then you wonder.. hmm.. did i get a crappy one? lol. I know, I know.. I'm insane. i think too much! :smile:

I can't even see a color difference!

It is gorgeous! And you are going to love the City style, I had a city with GGH and then sold it for a part time with GGH and later I was so sorry I did. The part time was so much heavier! And I liked the proportions of the city better. I am now looking for City with GH. :smile:

Congratulations!

Wow that is such a gorgeous bag!!! I really want a city or day in Raisin now, it is such a rich color and just looks absolutely amazing on a Bal!!

I agree that the color variation adds character, but it really only shows up with the flash so it probably isn't even noticeable when you are carrying it around though. I know what you mean though...I know when I FINALLY get my first Bal I'll be obsessing over whether it's perfect or not!

I feel a lot better guys! I'm glad I have a bunch of obsessed bbag lovers to chat with. Its like when you get it, and you think its perfect, but then its not really.. and then you wonder.. hmm.. did i get a crappy one? lol. I know, I know.. I'm insane. i think too much! :smile:

Well, I know what you mean about wanting it to be perfect and loving it anyways. I found a few moles on my new one but I have freckles all over my face so who am I to judge? :nuts:

Honey, that is one beautiful Bal bag!! :girlwhack: My GGH raisin city has some variation but that is the way they are. I absolutely love my bag and if it was all perfect in variation and color it would not be a Bal Moto line bag. Great pics and a fabulous bag. :love: I actually love it like it is. Very very cool character!!!:woohoo::tup::party: