Unveiling by Proxy ~ Graphite JPG Shoulder Birkin

Beautiful bag and congrats to your friend. I have a silly question (I am still learning about Hermes). Are JPG the shorter looking bags? and do Birkin shoulder bags only come in JPG style? I would do a search but can't at present.

On behalf of my friend, a BIG THANK YOU, everyone. She has seen all your lovely posts. And I think she's smiling from ear to ear (are you?;))

Suzie, JPG (Jean Paul Gaultier) designed TWO shoulder H bags; this Shoulder Birkin and the Shoulder Kelly. The Shoulder Kelly was never made for commercial sale though (only runway show). There was rumour some time back that Paris is going to produce the Shoulder Kelly and launch it in Australia. I asked my manager about it, and she said there wasn't such a thing.

This 42cm shoulder birkin is designed by JPG, and hence is called as such.

On behalf of my friend, a BIG THANK YOU, everyone. She has seen all your lovely posts. And I think she's smiling from ear to ear (are you?;))

Suzie, JPG (Jean Paul Gaultier) designed TWO shoulder H bags; this Shoulder Birkin and the Shoulder Kelly. The Shoulder Kelly was never made for commercial sale though (only runway show). There was rumour some time back that Paris is going to produce the Shoulder Kelly and launch it in Australia. I asked my manager about it, and she said there wasn't such a thing.

This 42cm shoulder birkin is designed by JPG, and hence is called as such.

Thanks for the info Mrs Sparkles..

I have a question : Is the JPG/shoulder Birkin as tall/deep as the standard Birkin? I have not seen one upclose but from the pic, it does not look like it - a distorted perception possibly due to the east/west shape?

I have a question : Is the JPG/shoulder Birkin as tall/deep as the standard Birkin? I have not seen one upclose but from the pic, it does not look like it - a distorted perception possibly due to the east/west shape?

No, it's not as tall as a 30cm or a 35cm birkin, ms piggy. I can't find my tape measure. Otherwise, I'd measure my RG SB for you. Next time when we meet, remind me to bring out my SB for you to see. :smile:

mrssparkles & dear friend - that is a beautiful bag. the style and color are great together. Those pics have made me rethink the JPG.

A few questions - does it stay on the shoulder when loaded up? what is the cost compared to a hand held birkin? leathers available? do you use it alot?

TIA & congrats on a gorgeous bag.