unusual / rare scarves - let's see 'em!

would my original issue turnadot (from 92) in blue and orange be considered rare? i know other people have it. i don't know what makes a rare scarf.

omg CB i adore that scarf! and it looks awesome tied!

Here's my scarf...there's a debate on the name..."Geishas" or "Japon" or "Japon sur fond noir"....depends on who you ask. I don't know, but I love it and it's rare.

I LOVE that one- it's also one of my grails! From what I've found through research, the Geisha was a special issue for Air France but I've also heard that they released a second issue with a diferent motiff called, les Japonaises
Here are some of the other colorways:
Geisha%20Air%20France%20exclusive.jpg

geisha12.jpg

geisha.best.ov.06.JPG

geisha.folded.06.JPG

geisha.detail.06.JPG

I LOVE that one- it's also one of my grails! From what I've found through research, the Geisha was a special issue for Air France but I've also heard that they released a second issue with a diferent motiff called, les Japonaises
Here are some of the other colorways:

yes, I was told it only ever came in blue and black. I love the black!

Pete, who sold me the scarf, was told the name was "Japon", so "les Japonaises" may be correct? Another member of a scarf forum I'm on told me it was "Japonaise sur fond noir". But the colourway I have is the same as the one that's in the Air France S/E box you have pictured....GAH! Who knows?

dsp_pa110059.jpg

I LOVE this. I play chess a lot. And it's brown.........

attachment.php

How to fix a horse - how cute is that!

Actually the whole scarf is a cartoon about Napoleon sending a letter to one of his generals, who was also his brother in law...anyway, the messenger has all these crazy mishaps and finally has to pass the letter off to a lady to deliver...

Kaboom!!

attachment.php

It was done in the style of political cartoons. I just love it!!