Unusual folds on my reissue 225?

pepperdiva

Apr 4, 2013
I'm so excited to have a black 225 with GHW and haven't yet used it. It arrived in the original folded/collapsed state and when I try to open it, the sides close to the base are very rigid and stiffly folded. I also have a 226 which is stored folded but changes smoothly into the wide based position. Is this normal or is there something wrong with this bag? I included multiple views of both sides. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

twin-fun

O.G.
Mar 27, 2006
Not where I'd like to be
I'm so excited to have a black 225 with GHW and haven't yet used it. It arrived in the original folded/collapsed state and when I try to open it, the sides close to the base are very rigid and stiffly folded. I also have a 226 which is stored folded but changes smoothly into the wide based position. Is this normal or is there something wrong with this bag? I included multiple views of both sides. Thanks for any input!
There was just a post about this same problem on their 227 reissue. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...ttom-of-new-reissue-227.957623/#post-30923887

Oct 1, 2012
Hi there! Did you ever resolve your issue?

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
Hi, yes it's normal because it's folded. yes you can probably find one that looks a little less "smushed". Up to you.