Unsure if I should return ? & Does everyone waterproof their bags? Plz Help

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just bought my first Black Mini Smooth Luggage, and I was wondering if everyone conditions and sprays their bag? Does this take some of the shine out of the bag ?

My SA said not to do anything with it, to only condition if it gets scratched. Is it normal to get lots of surface scratches on the smooth leather? Would really appreciate any photo of a well loved smooth leather Luggage.. As I'm still debating if I should keep it. I'm afraid in a couple of years it will look scratched and a beat up mess. Is it a delicate bag? I am very careful with my bags but sometimes clumsy. Please help with any advice.

2. If you are very careful with your bag then you should be fine.
    I never used anything on my bags.
    Good luck

3. Thanks for the reply. It such a beautiful bag but not the most practical sometimes. Do you use yours daily?

4. No i use my Chloe bags daily but i have used my Mini bag in snow and she still looks perfect to me.
    Dont stress too much and just enjoy your bag. :smile:

5. I'm also very careful with my bags and have both a mini and a phantom cabas and haven't conditioned either of them. I really debated conditioning my mini when I first bought it, but was told not to by a Céline sales associate, who said that my bag had already been treated during manufacturing and would eventually develop a patina that would hide the scratches. I have a few small scratches on my mini, but they don't bother me anymore.

From what I understand, smooth leather scratches easily, but the scratches can be less noticeable after conditioning the bag.

I personally think that the smooth leather is a gorgeous choice, and though I know that scratches can be bothersome, it all just adds to the bag. If you had a bag that didn't have any scratches on it after years of wearing it, it'd look quite strange. I definitely wouldn't return the bag.