Unreceived item case- Help needed

Fashionism

Jan 8, 2013
I am so frustrated to write this topic here, I am new to eBay as a seller and I just sold my Celine luggage around $1200 through eBay bidding. I shipped this item using USPS with tracking number while I didn't choose the signature necessary . Unfortunately, I didn't purchase any insurance. While the buyer claimed that the parcel get lost. I tracked the item online and it shows that the parcel is fully delivered. While the buyer said that she contacted the post office and they said they put the parcel in her front door since nobody was home at that time. And she didn't get her parcel when she back home. She opened a case on eBay and I provided all the shipping info eBay needed. While this parcel is an International parcel ship from Canada to US marked at $1000 value. And I think import charges fee suppose to be paid when the item being delivered. How come USPS just left the parcel in the front door? I located in Canada and this never happens in my country. I am so nervous and I don't know what eBay will do to me. Anyone has the similar situation as me? Please help!

If the item is showing in the tracking as delivered, you would have to open an investigation through Canada Post. Unfortunately, even if the post office decides that they are going to reimburse you, it would only be for the insured amount showing on your receipt. More than likely, Canada Post will see that USPS tracking shows delivered and close investigation without paying out.

How come USPS just left the parcel in the front door? I located in Canada and this never happens in my country. I am so nervous and I don't know what eBay will do to me. Anyone has the similar situation as me? Please help!

This happens all the time in Canada - not just in the US. If there is a "safe" place to leave the parcel then the mail carrier is permitted to do so.

I am so frustrated to write this topic here, I am new to eBay as a seller and I just sold my Celine luggage around $1200 through eBay bidding. I shipped this item using USPS with tracking number while I didn't choose the signature necessary . Unfortunately, I didn't purchase any insurance. While the buyer claimed that the parcel get lost. I tracked the item online and it shows that the parcel is fully delivered. While the buyer said that she contacted the post office and they said they put the parcel in her front door since nobody was home at that time. And she didn't get her parcel when she back home. She opened a case on eBay and I provided all the shipping info eBay needed. While this parcel is an International parcel ship from Canada to US marked at $1000 value. And I think import charges fee suppose to be paid when the item being delivered. How come USPS just left the parcel in the front door? I located in Canada and this never happens in my country. I am so nervous and I don't know what eBay will do to me. Anyone has the similar situation as me? Please help!

Most people in the US don't have to pay import duties, even on higher value items. For whatever reason, we rarely get charged them.

You can try contacting USPS to see if her local post got a signature. The parcel could be missing, but PP requires a signature on items over $750.00, and I suspect that your buyer knows this, received her bag, and is a filing a bogus claim; without the online viewable signature, PP will refund her.

Call the buyer's local post office, but let the buyer know you're doing it first before you actually do. Most of the time, packages mysteriously "appear" when the buyer realizes that an investigation is going to be started to determine the whereabouts of the "missing" package.

Why didn't you purchase signature confirmation? For an item of $750+, even if tracking shows delivery, s.c. is required for seller protection.

Whether she received the item or not, the buyer will win a non-receipt dispute.

Insurance wouldn't have helped in this case since there's delivery confirmation, however had you purchased insurance, they would have gotten a signature on delivery. (The insurance signature does not help you in the event of a non-receipt dispute though because signature must be viewable online and the insurance signature is only for postal use and isn't viewable.)

This might be an expensive lesson for you though I hope that a strongly worded message to the buyer about postal theft and fraud might scare her into "finding" it.