Unpopular Gucci Opinions

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Almost every forum seems to have one. Why not us?

Please write your unpopular Gucci opinions and discuss.

Here are some of mine:

1. People who don't buy Gucci don't know Gucci. I'm sick of justifying Gucci to people who point out fake canvas in a crowd.

2. The flash and 'craziness' of the Gucci shows is only one side of Gucci. Their perennial loafers and 'quiet' all-leather bags are the best quality classics around. I like both.

3. Gucci's fine jewellery is underrated.

I really, really dislike the Marmont. I normally love a good chevron pattern, but I think it looks cheap and tacky on the marmont, and then they slapped that big gold logo on it, no thank you. I know this is a hugely unpopular opinion, but just how I truly feel, no offense meant to those who love the line!

I completely agree with you, PT, on that the less understated bags are wonderful. I only have about 4 Gucci bags left (2 canvas, 2 nylon), and I love that they’re classic, simple, and despite having a bit of hardware, they’re not overly loud.

Almost every forum seems to have one. Why not us?

Please write your unpopular Gucci opinions and discuss.

Here are some of mine:

1. People who don't buy Gucci don't know Gucci. I'm sick of justifying Gucci to people who point out fake canvas in a crowd.

2. The flash and 'craziness' of the Gucci shows is only one side of Gucci. Their perennial loafers and 'quiet' all-leather bags are the best quality classics around. I like both.

3. Gucci's fine jewellery is underrated.

@papertiger I agree with you. One really needs to experience and understand the heritage of Gucci and to enjoy it.

I really, really dislike the Marmont. I normally love a good chevron pattern, but I think it looks cheap and tacky on the marmont, and then they slapped that big gold logo on it, no thank you. I know this is a hugely unpopular opinion, but just how I truly feel, no offense meant to those who love the line!

I completely agree with you, PT, on that the less understated bags are wonderful. I only have about 4 Gucci bags left (2 canvas, 2 nylon), and I love that they’re classic, simple, and despite having a bit of hardware, they’re not overly loud.

@nycgirl79 and @shopnaddict I dislike the Marmont as well...

The logo on current RTW is actually quite a nice pattern. Not nearly as flashy, in your face, or signaling duty free as other brands. And while some dresses look like country prairie, there is still quite a bit of tailoring.

@880 I am such a fan of this logo and the RTW. And I do agree, the "country prairie" dresses are not my style but the Gucci RTW tailoring is quite impressive.

I didn't go for the Marmont until I saw the ones with the enamel hardware in bright colours. I know I will regret not getting the blue.

I think it was designed to be a Gucci equivalent of a Chanel-style bag though and I am terrible with most chain bags.

• Insightful
Reactions: nycgirl79
The logo on current RTW is actually quite a nice pattern. Not nearly as flashy, in your face, or signaling duty free as other brands. And while some dresses look like country prairie, there is still quite a bit of tailoring.
@papertiger I agree with you. One really needs to experience and understand the heritage of Gucci and to enjoy it.

@nycgirl79 and @shopnaddict I dislike the Marmont as well...

@880 I am such a fan of this logo and the RTW. And I do agree, the "country prairie" dresses are not my style but the Gucci RTW tailoring is quite impressive.

Gucci's tailoring is amazing. Kicking myself for not getting a velvet suit at Christmas. The silk MTO at the event I went to were more than twice the price, MTO is not made-to-measure. .

I guess Gucci want to do the '70s in all ways. I have plenty of maxi dresses from that era so no need for more. Their LBD and mini dresses are also fab.

Also not a fan of the Marmont bags at all.
The most unpopular opinion of mine is that I really don't like their new Diana bags. I think the vintage version looks absolutely divine (thinking about a light green suede or a yellow smooth leather) while the newer version looks somehow tacky? Especially with the neon strap.

I don't think it needs the GG, but the main thing that upsets me is the microfibre lining :no: not at that price.

That's an unpopular option of mine too. Just say :nono: to microfibre anything. Dangerous for the planet, dirt magnet and not hardy.