Unpopular Dior Opinions

Discontinuing the Diorissomo was a terrible idea
To this day, I honestly feel that the Diorissimo was the highest quality bag Dior ever made. The leather colors where beautiful. Having an all leather interior coupled with the incredible craftsmanship, had the Diorissimo in its way to classic status. It was just so understated and elegant. I would take a Diorissimo over a Lady Dior or a Brikin any day. So sad it gone.

This is probably a thought exactly zero other people have had besides me but I'm disappointed the Dior book tote doesn't have more to do with books. Imagine this is THE bag for librarians.
Yes thank you! I find it annoying sometimes that it’s called the book tote but most designs are not waterproof - which is the main thing I’d want in something to hold reams of paper. I still think the prints are beautiful though.

Since someone told me the Saddle bag resembles a kidney shape, I just can't unsee it.

I really like the Lady Dior and have been thinking of getting one for a while now. My husband's unpopular opinion is that the classic 'Napoleon III’s chair' quilting just looks too 'busy' on most of the sizes. Thus, he prefers the proportions and aesthetics of the large. I'm starting to lean towards getting a larger bag and I have to say the large is looking quite appealing despite the smaller bag phase just now.. :biggrin:.

*Edit - Another one of mine, having looked at quite a few now, I preferred the zipper closure on the Lady Dior.

I have two:
1. I like the lady dior but strictly only in the mini size. The bigger it gets the more 'tote'ish it starts to look...
2. Dior in general have a very trendy styling than classic. It is when you wanna buy something a bit bogo but also be close to Chanel's pricing and status...

Reactions: missie1
I really dislike that they started using "Christian Dior" instead of just "Dior" in the branding of their bags, for example the Book Tote. Dior to me is a brand name, whereas Christian Dior is a man's name and a person. I don't need to go walking around with someone else's full name on my stuff.
I totally agree, the giant Christian Dior banner wrapped around some of these bags just ruins them for me.

To this day, I honestly feel that the Diorissimo was the highest quality bag Dior ever made. The leather colors where beautiful. Having an all leather interior coupled with the incredible craftsmanship, had the Diorissimo in its way to classic status. It was just so understated and elegant. I would take a Diorissimo over a Lady Dior or a Brikin any day. So sad it gone.
I agree completely. I love my Diorissimo medium, and even though I have several Lady Dior bags, I prefer carrying the Diorissimo for everyday because of the way the strap attaches and the bag's ease of use. The bull calf version is fairly indestructible, too. Much more so than lambskin.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie