Unpopular Dior Opinions

I year ago I would've written that I'm so tired of the dior monogram covering everything, but it seems like they are focusing more on the cannage design now.

Unpopular opinion, there's way too much "merch"-looking stuff in the men's collections. Switching out one seasonal logo for another to slap it on a hoodie or t shirt is not for me.

I also agree with @averagejoe they shoes have not been good in a while. But then again, I'm not really into the luxury vs street wear sneaker trend or the ugly sneaker trend that much. I also don't really like Dior bags and accessories that much, mostly the RTW.

Unpopular opinion, there's way too much "merch"-looking stuff in the men's collections. Switching out one seasonal logo for another to slap it on a hoodie or t shirt is not for me.
I agree. There is way too much, and it is so predictable. New season, new logo done in huge font size on a basic hoodie or t-shirt. I guess these pieces sell really well, but they do not look creative or fashion-forward in any way.

I despise the wide straps on the small Lady Dior. Why put such a casual-looking strap on a bag that is clearly meant to be elegant and lady-like? My poor SA is probably tired of hearing me talk about this :sweatdrop:

It especially frustrates me to no end because the small size is the perfect size for me. It looks great crossbody (besides the wide strap obscuring most of my outfit), it fits in the crook of my arm without issue, and it can hold my gigantic phone.

I have the mini now, and I absolutely adore it, but I really wish they have more small LDs with thinner straps.
The small size of the Lady Dior does come with a thinner strap:
1604950905_M0531OWCB_M39U_E06_ZH.jpg

It's only the MyABCDior which comes with the thick strap. If you love the size of the MyABCDior but don't like the thick strap, then the small Lady Dior is perfect for you. It's the same size and doesn't come with a thick strap.

The small size of the Lady Dior does come with a thinner strap:
1604950905_M0531OWCB_M39U_E06_ZH.jpg

It's only the MyABCDior which comes with the thick strap. If you love the size of the MyABCDior but don't like the thick strap, then the small Lady Dior is perfect for you. It's the same size and doesn't come with a thick strap.

Thank you so much for the info! :heart:

Do correct me if I'm wrong though, but does this only come in patent leather? I do recall seeing it before on the website, but I could only find it in patent, which is unfortunately not the leather for me (but that's another unpopular opinion entirely haha)

Thank you so much for the info! :heart:

Do correct me if I'm wrong though, but does this only come in patent leather? I do recall seeing it before on the website, but I could only find it in patent, which is unfortunately not the leather for me (but that's another unpopular opinion entirely haha)
Not sure, although I have only seen it in patent as well.

Reactions: SadlyNotCassey
I despise the wide straps on the small Lady Dior. Why put such a casual-looking strap on a bag that is clearly meant to be elegant and lady-like? My poor SA is probably tired of hearing me talk about this :sweatdrop:

It especially frustrates me to no end because the small size is the perfect size for me. It looks great crossbody (besides the wide strap obscuring most of my outfit), it fits in the crook of my arm without issue, and it can hold my gigantic phone.

I have the mini now, and I absolutely adore it, but I really wish they have more small LDs with thinner straps.
I'm not a fan of the thick straps either. I wish they were optional straps that you can buy separately. The patent Smalls do come with a thinner adjustable strap but if you like lambskin, no luck.

I also have a mini (with the chain strap) but I actually prefer the older leather strap versions. Definitely looking out for some pre-loved minis with this old strap. I think the LD has a lot of hardware going on already and doesn't suit a chain. I never carry my mini with the chain.

1) I hate the constant cycling of bag styles every couple of years, why not just stick to a few & really invest into those styles as future classics? (Ie Caro). 2) the clanging of the charms in the Lady Dior unearths me about as much as my dogs slurping mouth noises. 3) I miss beautiful colors in leathers. 4) everything I like in RTW is cropped. 5) Dior - to me- is no longer elegant, sophisticated or innovative. It’s really just logo streetwear & a lot of astrology. 6) I really can’t feel the heartbeat of the brand anymore.

1) I hate the constant cycling of bag styles every couple of years, why not just stick to a few & really invest into those styles as future classics? (Ie Caro). 2) the clanging of the charms in the Lady Dior unearths me about as much as my dogs slurping mouth noises. 3) I miss beautiful colors in leathers. 4) everything I like in RTW is cropped. 5) Dior - to me- is no longer elegant, sophisticated or innovative. It’s really just logo streetwear & a lot of astrology. 6) I really can’t feel the heartbeat of the brand anymore.
totally agree with 3. wish they will have more beautiful colours in sophisticated classic styles/leather instead of, as you say, logo streetwear and astrology.

Can’t agree more with 1 and 2!