Unlined Purses

ahpeste

O.G.
Oct 24, 2009
What do you think about expensive, high end brand purses that are unlined? There is this purse that I was about to purchase but I couldnt believe it doesnt have a lining :sad:... I mean for $800??

Does that matter to you?

I think it depends - if it's finished nicely on the inside - it doesn't have to be lined. I hope that makes sense....you basically don't have to see any odd defects with the leather and stuff.

High-end premier designer purses started out without a lining ... I tried to find the reasoning and/or history of lined bags and couldn't - the lining may have come about due to our need to have pockets to carry more things.

In other words, lack of a lining does not mean inferior quality.

Unless the suede has been treated (combed?) and won't shred and get all over my contents, I usually like to see a heavy twill or satiny material in my linings.

Unless the suede has been treated (combed?) and won't shred and get all over my contents, I usually like to see a heavy twill or satiny material in my linings.

Agreed. I remember from years past having everything in my bag coated with bits of suede. Not my cuppa. I'm pro lining myself although I prefer a lining that is light in color. Do not like the 'black hole' business.