unknown defect on bag from outlet but all sales final?

Everlong

Bring back eLuxury!
O.G.
Dec 19, 2005
my son had purchased an army green messenger from the BV Woodbury outlet and had received it today. he had asked if there were any flaws and the manager showed him pictures of two pen marks and said they were the only flaws. he was okay with that and had it on pre-sale since a couple days ago. When he received it the strap was upside down on the bag (dull, rough side facing out) and when he flipped it over he noticed a deep scratch on the correct side (semi glossy finished side) He just sent the manager an email along with a picture of the flaw. Also one of the leather strips (a small square) is frayed. I am wondering if flipping the strap upside down to hide the scratch was intentional?

my question is although it says all sales are final do you think they will find a solution for his problem? I know if it was a regular boutique they would take care of it no questions asked. Does BV offer spare parts for their products like LV?

its such a great book bag though. i had offered to buy it for him but he would not let me. The original retail was $2,650 and the outlet price was $1,859 minus the memorial weekend sale 25% discount it was $1,395 plus tax and shipping came to a total of around $1,550. Its a bargain but such a large amount for my son.

i must say that this makes me wary of phone orders now and purchasing an item without seeing it in person.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Have you asked for a further reduction? I was offered some extra money off when I received a bag with badly scratched hardware from a Neiman Marcus. I had to ask for a price reduction, but they were happy to give it if it didn't mean taking it back and reselling it. Perhaps you should try this.

they had offered store credit but we are in TX and the outlet is in NY so the only way to purchase is through a charge send (and this had made me wary of not inspecting the item first before purchasing esp with BV's store policy)

Would the store credit work at any BV; not just outlet locations?

My son had asked them for a replacement strap or a partial refund and if they can no do this I have told my son to insist a full refund (thanks lawbabe)

my son was able to get a full refund and they are sending a return label (prepaid I hope). He told me he had help from John and said he was very helpful and courteous when asked for a refund.