University survey about counterfeit fashion

sw0pp

Jan 31, 2006
Dear tpfers,

a friend has to conduct a survey about counterfeit fashion and pharmaceuticals. It is for a course in International marketing management at the Vienna University for Economics and Business Administration. All answers are anonymous and the survey will take ~3-5 minutes. I thought it would especially be interesting to us bag fanatics ^^ So pleeease help her --> http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=mx7r66zy3y8qkli427968

Thank you all in advance!

If your friend hasn't done so already, she may want to visit IACC.org and download their "Facts on Fakes" .pdf file. I did an essay on fakes (both fashion and non-fashion fakes) and it was very helpful to me. I will also take the survey. Anything to help a fellow student!

Thank you for the info! So cool to hear students all over the world are helping out! ;)

I did the same course one term ago, but we had to conduct a survey about Online networking communities... soooo unfair X_X wished I had this topic ^^

im happy to fill it out but posting this on an authentic bag forum might screw up your results. i think people on this forum are more aware of counterfeits. i also had no idea people counterfeit pharmaceuticals.

I told my friend about the biased results, but given the fact the course Marketing Research is more about the process of research itself than about the actual results it should be ok, thank you for the input anyway :smile: and yes, kinda scarry there are counterfeit pharmaceuticals... and also fake cosmetics... who knows what's inside those things...

im happy to fill it out but posting this on an authentic bag forum might screw up your results. i think people on this forum are more aware of counterfeits. i also had no idea people counterfeit pharmaceuticals.

Criminals will try and conterfeit everything thats one of the reasons its so important for consumers to stay away from fakes...

I took this but i was confused..

counterfeit pharmaceuticals.... are those just generic drugs? here in the US generic drug are allowed but they are federally regulated.. and i see nothing wrong with generic.. but fake counterfeit handbags are different. i think they are horrible looking and can fool people. at least with generic drugs we know they aren't made by the original manufacturer and its legal.

^^^ Counterfeit pharmaceauticals are very different from generics. Generics are like the drug equivalent of the store brand cereal versus the brand name cereal. Same formula, but cheaper because of no fancy packaging or advertising. Counterfeit pharmaceuticals are literally fake drugs make Lord-knows-where and are often sold online through websites that advertise popular prescription drugs for little money without a prescription. The package may say Xanax, but you could be taking a placebo or you could be taking poison! Counterfeiters don't just fake fashion. They fake health and beauty products, drugs, toys, and even car and airplane parts. People have been killed or made seriously ill by fake drugs, health products, and vehicle parts!

^^^ Counterfeit pharmaceauticals are very different from generics. Generics are like the drug equivalent of the store brand cereal versus the brand name cereal. Same formula, but cheaper because of no fancy packaging or advertising. Counterfeit pharmaceuticals are literally fake drugs make Lord-knows-where and are often sold online through websites that advertise popular prescription drugs for little money without a prescription. The package may say Xanax, but you could be taking a placebo or you could be taking poison! Counterfeiters don't just fake fashion. They fake health and beauty products, drugs, toys, and even car and airplane parts. People have been killed or made seriously ill by fake drugs, health products, and vehicle parts!

omg i wish i would have known that, lol.. yikes!

I took the survey.
I deeply believes that any counterfeiters, counterfeit dealers and the buyers when proven their intentional involvement in the crime should be persecuted with a fine that takes a lifetime for them to pay off & also major jail time.

They are just criminals supporting crimes.

See "Illicit: the dark trade" (PBS & National Geography's documentary).... everything connects to "criminal" activities!