Unique or Unusual Beauty Technique or Product?

Deborahsue said:
BTW I have tried Botox, and it works fabulously -- for about five or six weeks. When it wears off I get a headache. No more Botox!

Looking forward to learning some new tricks from all of you ---

It only lasted 5-6 wks? It's supposed to last 3-4 mos. Hmmmm...they may have diluted it....

As far as beauty tip, I use the electric eyelash curler from Sephora. It gives me perfectly curled lashes every time!

olive oil works wonders.. EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL...take a couple drops and rub it on your cuticles and areas where it's super dry in the winter time...VERY MOISTURIZING..It works on the ends of dry/damaged hair as well!~ :smile:

^yup extra virgin olive oil in the hair, I've used it all over to really put back the nutrients. Also, my mother swears by plain yogurt as a hair mask...I think I'm trying it out tomorrow.

To stimulate hair growth (after I japanese straightened my hair and used a Chi on my hair, I lost a good deal of hair), cut an entire head of garlic horizontally at the widest point and rub that on your scalp to stimulate the root. Cayenne pepper also works well to stimulate the roots for hair growth. It feels like your head is on fire, but the blood rushing back to the area really gets the hairs growing.

with the bleaching, constant flat ironing, and the fact that it's naturally curly, my hair is crazy dry. i was younger my grandma told me she only washed her hair once a week...she said when she was younger everyone had beautiful hair because they didn't dry it out by washing it every day. i thought it was gross at the time, but now i only wash my hair with shampoo 2x a week or so too. :smile: i used to not use shampoo at all, but condish as shampoo...but i decided to wear my hear straighter lately and that routine makes my hair curlier. i still condition every other day. i put condish on as soon as i step in and let it sit while i do the rest of my 10-15min shower routine. i tend to use thicker condish than most people...the stuff labelled for use as deep treatment. i also put jojoba oil on my ends before i go to bed when i remember.

if i use too much product or smells too much like the restaurant i work at, i use a little bit of baby powder to absorb smells and oils. it's fab. you have to use a name brand baby powder though...store brands are a little too grainy and don't blend as well.

I do the same thing!!! My roommates used to think I was nuts when I first told them, but after living with me for a while, they started to reverse their opinions. Plus I think it's actually helped to get my hair healthier.

And if for whatever reason on a certain day I think my hair looks super gross, I just flip my head over and spray hairspray on the roots and it also helps to take away the grease. And for smells, I take my hairbrush and spray a light mist of febreeze on it and run it through my hair. Sounds a little weird, but really works.

wow, never heard about the garlic and cayenne pepper on your head! damn!

I would agree with the washing of your hair, 2-3x a week only, it keeps your natural oils in your hair, it looks healthier

also lotion, vaseline and then socks on your feet to get them baby soft in the morning

Also, don't over wash your face....if you have no make up on, just try washing it with water...and use cold water

I've been trying to not wash my hair so often, but it just feels so so so greasy the next day... I must not have that thick of hair! Hahah :P

Oh with the aspirin mask, I used to do that a lot too, but used chewable orange flavored aspirin for children... the honey + orange smells sooo good.

I also do a Vitamin E drops, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, honey, and sugar scrub. It exfoliated and moisturized at the same time. :smile: The consistency was kind of hard to get used to though, but I got over that quickly.

I tried the mayonnaise thing in my hair which was DISGUSTING and gross and made me look at the jar of fat in the fridge differently every time. EWWWW.. My boyfriend was grossed out too...

olive oil works wonders.. EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL...take a couple drops and rub it on your cuticles and areas where it's super dry in the winter time...VERY MOISTURIZING..It works on the ends of dry/damaged hair as well!~ :smile:

Second this for nails and on dry damaged ends (don't put the oil in your roots) for hair :tup:. Avocado mashed up with a bit of EVOO (make a fine puree) is also great for your hair (protein). I've also done egg yolk and mayo combo's on my hair when I was a kid - don't know if it works :shrugs:... my mother swore by it in the summer's to cleanse hair and rebuild after all the pool chlorine.

I also blow dry my hair upside down - then straighten :shrugs:. I have the type of combination hair - where it's flat/straight and oilier on top, then on bottom it's dry and curly - so blow drying upside down gives the top of my hair, where it's already straight, volume - and then I straighten the bottom.

I would agree with the washing of your hair, 2-3x a week only, it keeps your natural oils in your hair, it looks healthier

also lotion, vaseline and then socks on your feet to get them baby soft in the morning

Also, don't over wash your face....if you have no make up on, just try washing it with water...and use cold water
^ I do all of these things ! :yes:

i take my make-up off with pampers baby wipes!!
^ I've been using Mustela baby facial wipes to remove my makeup and they work sooooo well! They're alcohol-free, super gentle and they smell fantastic! I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner!!!

i tend to use thicker condish than most people...the stuff labelled for use as deep treatment. i also put jojoba oil on my ends before i go to bed when i remember.
^ Me too! :yes:I use Aussie 3 Minute Miracle every time I shampoo and I leave it on at least 5 minutes even though I don't have dry or damaged hair. I've also have a huge bottle of jojoba oil from Sallys that I use when I think of it.

if i use too much product or smells too much like the restaurant i work at, i use a little bit of baby powder to absorb smells and oils. it's fab.

^This is one of the best tricks ever! I just have to make sure I realllllllllly brush it in, because my hair is dark.

Some other tricks:
-Apply oil to damp skin after a shower and let it sink in for a little while before you towel off. It makes skin baby soft!
-This is kind of a weird one, but I use baby powder to get the sand off me before leaving the beach. You just sprinkle it on and rub it off. It works WAY better than water for getting that sticky sand off your skin!
-Apply oil to not-quite-dry nails to protect them from scratches while they're drying.
-Store eye cream in the freezer to reduce swollen puffy eyes.
-Heat a metal eyelash curler with a hairdryer before using to make lashes hold the curl better.

I use a product called Blue Magic on my curly hair , the product is sold in the African American hair cair section and it is a oil based leave in conditioner - I am biracial so my hair has some issues and a small amount of this makes my hair shiny and soft and not to greasey , with out it I have no shine in my hair , the best part is its less than $5 dollars for a jar that last for months
I also use baby shampoo to remove my eye makeup works ownders and keeps my eyes from being itchy

Deep condition my hair with coconut oil. Just rub a little on your hands and run it through your hair. Easier to wash out than olive oil and same glossy results.

i take my make-up off with pampers baby wipes!!

I just read in Allure magazine today that this isn't good for your skin. I'll look it up again and try to post a little excerpt. But the dermatologist they interviewed was saying that she shudders when people tell her they do this because it's too harsh on your skin.

But in my opinion, if it's baby wipes or not washing off your makeup at all, baby wipes would be better for you!! :yes:

^ The ones that I use are facial wipes for babies. They're alcohol free with a water/ aloe base so they're very gentle. I have extremely sensitive skin and I haven't had a problem with these. I have a feeling they're better for skin than actual makeup remover wipes because they're formulated for babies but that's JMO...

P46505_hero.jpg

These are all things I swear by, but they may not work for everyone.

-applying cortisone cream on my pimples makes them go away faster.
-I also do the aspirin mask and swear by it.
-I use regular brown mascara as brow gel
-I also tweeze the hair on my knuckles, it makes my hands look great.
-take a picture of yourself before you go out to an important event. Sometimes you don't realize that you're wearing way too much foundation and it looks chalky.