Union Jack Limited Edition 2012 Diamond Jubilee

Can I ask you guys that own the union jack bays water,
The flap on mine is really soft leather compared to the rest if the bag and quite floppy.
Is anyone else's bag like this?

I know this sounds really daft when you read this, I love my bag but am a bit gutted the flap isn't a stiff leather and mines quite flimsy.

Mulberry say each bag is made from the same Hyde, but as there is no more stock of this bag now I will have to keep mine as I love the design xx

hoeastie73 said:
Can I ask you guys that own the union jack bays water,
The flap on mine is really soft leather compared to the rest if the bag and quite floppy.
Is anyone else's bag like this?

I know this sounds really daft when you read this, I love my bag but am a bit gutted the flap isn't a stiff leather and mines quite flimsy.

Mulberry say each bag is made from the same Hyde, but as there is no more stock of this bag now I will have to keep mine as I love the design xx

Mine is the same consistency in terms of the grain all over. I know what you mean about the flap not being stiff though.

The sides and bottom of the bag are very thick and sturdy, but the flap is not. It definitely flops over if I hold it upright and just let go. This is pretty consistent with my other bays though, so I'm assuming this is how they are designed. If the flap was too thick you would struggle to close it and there could be a potential for deep creases to develop.

I really wouldn't worry too much it's a beautiful bag!

Aww thank you for that, it's put my mind at rest knowing then that it isn't faulty.
Mine sounds exactly the same as yours, I do love the bag and feel mighty proud to carry it ��

hoeastie73 said:
Aww thank you for that, it's put my mind at rest knowing then that it isn't faulty.
Mine sounds exactly the same as yours, I do love the bag and feel mighty proud to carry it 

No problem at all! I feel exactly the same way about mine. It definitely makes me stand a little taller when I'm carrying it :smile:

Well I'm totally gutted my Union Jack bays went back to mulberry today, the stiching has come apart in 3 places and I've only had it 8 weeks.
I'm so upset as I waited for ages to get my bag, and now there sold out!
It has gone to be assessed but my worse fear is I don't want the same one back when I've spent all that money for it to be mended in 3 different places,
I feel do sad :sad: xx

hoeastie73 said:
Well I'm totally gutted my Union Jack bays went back to mulberry today, the stiching has come apart in 3 places and I've only had it 8 weeks.
It has gone to be assessed but my worse fear is I don't want the same one back when I've spent all that money for it to be mended in 3 different places,

Oh no,that's awful. I really hope they can sort something out for you

Oh no! I'm sure it can be sorted and returned 'just as new' ...it's so special.... Luckily, I hear the repair team are second to none! Best of luck and let us know how you get on x

Was that the one with the all-gold flag plaque or the Selfridges red/white/blue flag plaque? I think the all-gold ones were all made in England, as a gesture towards the flag, but don't know about the coloured ones. Either way, it's pretty shocking after 8 weeks and again raises my concerns about the number of quality control issues we're reading here on tpf. Small wonder profits are down if Mulberry aren't able to deliver the "luxury" quality they profess/aspire to.

I hope you get it sorted, hoeastie. I've heard great things about the repair team; I imagine they'll go over it with a fine-tooth comb and your bag will hopefully be almost indestructible!!

Good luck - keep us posted on your progress! :smile:

well today is the day i find out from the head guy about my bag, it is the one with the gold union jack on the front.
I love it but can not keep a bag knowing it has been repaired in 3 different places due to bad stiching.

I have asked could the inside pocket be taken off my bag and stiched in to another bayswater and the union jack taken off and be put on to a new bag, so will see what happens.
I love the mulberry brand, but sadly i can't justify all that money for someting that i know has had to be repaired after 8 weeks.
maybe they should stop selling items at full price that have been on show.

I also did find a false nail in the pocket of my bag when it arrived!!!, but kept the bag with it been ltd edition!

well today is the day i find out from the head guy about my bag, it is the one with the gold union jack on the front.
I love it but can not keep a bag knowing it has been repaired in 3 different places due to bad stiching.

I have asked could the inside pocket be taken off my bag and stiched in to another bayswater and the union jack taken off and be put on to a new bag, so will see what happens.
I love the mulberry brand, but sadly i can't justify all that money for someting that i know has had to be repaired after 8 weeks.
maybe they should stop selling items at full price that have been on show.

I also did find a false nail in the pocket of my bag when it arrived!!!, but kept the bag with it been ltd edition!

I haven't got an oak bays & so I really really wish I got the gold union jack version when I had the chance..kicking myself for it! So sorry you got one of dubious quality though, not heard of any other of these having quality issues like yours. Got my fingers crossed for you that it's good news for you...it should be for the money you paid! I think putting the pocket & union jack plate onto another oak bays is a really good idea. Which areas of the bag did the stitching come off then? & shocked about the false nail!! How creepy!

well sadly today i got my call, they couldn't customize a new bag for me, and i have to say the customer service from mulberry was very good i couldn't them.
They phoned promtly when they said they would, unfortunatley I have taken the refund, I had to go with my heart and i couldn't have a bag that i know had been repaired,
For me it has to be perfect or it's a no go, I love that bag and my search on ebay will continue for it.

This hasn't put me off buying more mulberry bags,my next one is on my list for xmas.
I'm just so sad that i don't have my union jack bayswater now, so all you lovely owners make the most of your unique bags, and feel very proud to carry them:smile: xx