Unicorn!!!

dilipalomino

Mar 23, 2018
The UNICORN... Chances are we have run across such a rarity ourselves, or managed to tame one into our possession. Ok, in all seriousness, I’m sure most of us have heard this word in connection with a Chanel piece (along with Hermes and others). I think it’s completely valid of a description to use TRULY rare or BEYOND POPULAR options, such as the notorious rose-gold ones.

However, is it just me? Lately I see the use of the term “unicorn” to describe any bag (usually) that is remotely popular, let alone rare. But the use of the word “unicorn” always made me think that it should only be dedicate for that which is TRULY fantasy-inducing, meaning it is that hard to find/get, unless for a HIGH PREMIUM.

I wonder if I am the only one that thinks that “unicorn” is being used to easily these days. Don’t get me wrong, I understand if the notion is subjective, but isn’t that what “my dream” or “holy grail” for? Or even if the person specified with “my unicorn” I would get it. But usually, this use of unicorn can be found with something for sale. Is not the idea of a unicorn truly rare and special in the OBJECTIVE sense? I just had to put this out there. Thanks for reading, and I would appreciate your two cents!

Joelene

May 3, 2015
USA
I feel like whenever sellers use the word “unicorn”, they are trying to lure buyers. It makes you want to buy the bag even more because you think there won’t be another one anytime soon. A unicorn bag can be any bag to anyone (expensive or contemporary) (rare or popular), so the word does get overused sometimes.

Reactions: fashionelite