Unhappy buyer versus photos in listing

Must be mind blowing good!!!

In her first email advising me there was a problem, she made a point to tell me that she is a "sincere buyer that only deals in high end brand name items" so I guess I must be the one that doesn't know the value of my bags?????????

who cares about her "sincerity"... when a buyer says one thing and does
something else.... this is not sincere this is buyers remorse under another
hat.... she needs to let you know what she wants to do with the bag and
she is not getting the Prada either.. let her yang yang some other seller
around.... this is a PITA, IMO who must be in lala land...

She sent pics of the leather trim this morning and I cannot see anything that even remotely looks off or could be mistaken for "re-dyed leather". I told her even though I couldn't see anything wrong to return the bag, I'll inspect it and then refund her money. On the one hand I don't feel right about accepting a return because I'm sure my bag hasn't been re-dyed, but I feel like if I don't accept a return, I could be receiving an unjust neg FB. Guess there really isn't anything I can do but get the bag back, block her and move on :sad:

She sent pics of the leather trim this morning and I cannot see anything that even remotely looks off or could be mistaken for "re-dyed leather". I told her even though I couldn't see anything wrong to return the bag, I'll inspect it and then refund her money. On the one hand I don't feel right about accepting a return because I'm sure my bag hasn't been re-dyed, but I feel like if I don't accept a return, I could be receiving an unjust neg FB. Guess there really isn't anything I can do but get the bag back, block her and move on :sad:
The sadder part is that she might still neg and/or ding your stars.

BB, do you know if she can leave feedback if we mutually agree to cancel transaction? I have been very polite in my communication with her, trying to avoid her doing something spiteful.......

BB, do you know if she can leave feedback if we mutually agree to cancel transaction? I have been very polite in my communication with her, trying to avoid her doing something spiteful.......
Unfortunately, yes, she can. Hopefully, she'll be nice because if not, she'll have rightfully earned a special spot on BBLs.

Just had a similar experience. Listed a pre-owned Chanel ivory boucle/tweed bag. It has ivory leather piping trim (very thin) and intertwined leather/metal chain at the closure. That is the only leather on the bag. Buyer made an offer and I accepted. Then she made another offer (very low) on a Prada bag I listed, before even paying for the Chanel. I declined the offer on the Prada as it was way too low. She waited 3 days to pay for the Chanel which started to make me nervous. Nevertheless, she paid, I sent bag and then she emails me today saying that the leather on the bag had been "re-dyed" and that she would like to exchange it for the Prada. First off, the bag has not been serviced in any way and certainly has NOT had the leather trim re-dyed. I'm not even sure something like that is possible, but I know it has not been done on this bag. Second, the Prada is 2011 issue, pristine and is priced higher than I even listed the Chanel, and definitely higher than the great price I sold the Chanel to her for, so there is no way I would do an exchange. I asked her to send me pics of whatever concerns her about the leather and I'm still waiting to hear back. I have been cordial and want to resolve this since I have 100% positive FB, but I know this is buyer's remorse and that she simply decided she wanted the Prada instead of the Chanel. Buyer's like this really make me mad, wasting my time. I would have preferred she back out of the offer when she spotted the Prada, rather than go through all this. And of course, ebay and PP make it impossible to do anything but be pushed around by the buyer..... (attached is a pic from the listing showing minor wear on the bottom corner leather trim and the pre-owned condition of the bag was clearly stated)

She just wants the Prada for a cheaper price and thought that because she had purchased the CHANEL, she could do a switcheroo to get the bag she probably really wanted. No way....

Guess I'll just have to hope for the best:sweatdrop:

Exactly, and sadly, this is all you can do. In my case, as I noted, the buyer decided to keep them, and I went WHOO. However, what I really do not get, is when they claim flaws that you know are not there, and send photos that do not show the flaws, but you are tied to offering refund because of the ramifications of not doing so. Oh well, it is one of the "perks" of doing business on the bay, so glad that I am infrequently selling there now, found a great consign shop that offers 70/30 for high end designer items and there is NO hassle involved. Good luck!

Cocobean.... you have been most gracious to this buyer.... perhaps it wouldn't
hurt to ask for a mutual cancellation.. if she agrees that would be great..
whatever fb she leaves she is going to leave IYKWIM...her agenda with regard
to buythe Chanel bag may have been a hidden one... she might have thought
you would make a deal with her.... IMO just get your bag back give her the
refund... re-list the Chanel bag.... there are plenty of decent buyers out there
who will want this bag.... and just move on... she is a piece of work....not worthy
of anything more...

Archygirl, what you describe is exactly it! The flaw doesn't exist (I would know if I sent the bag in to be serviced!) and the photos show nothing even slightly inconsistant with the leather trim. She describes the bag as being "re-dyed or reconditioned" and I am left scratching my head.......... but then it becomes obvious she really wants the Prada. Her offer on the Chanel came a day before I listed the Prada. I mean really, clearly she wanted the Prada before even receiving the Chanel. The shame is, had she msg'd me saying something like " I wanted the Chanel but then saw your listing for the Prada and I'd prefer that bag" before she paid and I sent the Chanel I would have easily worked with her. But not now. My reply was clear that even though I could not see any issues in the pics she sent I would accept a return.Just like with your CL shoes, not going to admit to a flaw that doesn't exist.

Cocobean.... you have been most gracious to this buyer.... perhaps it wouldn't
hurt to ask for a mutual cancellation.. if she agrees that would be great..
whatever fb she leaves she is going to leave IYKWIM...her agenda with regard
to buythe Chanel bag may have been a hidden one... she might have thought
you would make a deal with her.... IMO just get your bag back give her the
refund... re-list the Chanel bag.... there are plenty of decent buyers out there
who will want this bag.... and just move on... she is a piece of work....not worthy
of anything more...
Thanks Hotshot, that is exactly what I plan to do. There is also a consign shop in town and maybe I'll sell it there..............or keep the bag and my sanity!!!

Just heard back from the buyer and she is sending the Chanel back to me tomorrow, fingers crosses. Every msg between us has been cordial/polite and I did let her know that it may take PP a few days to process refund etc, so hopefully there will be no more surprises and all will be okay. This is what she did say as far as the 'flaw":
"its really a re-dye bag, from photos you may see there's re-dye pain mark touch with the metal chain, and the leather strip was been took out from the metal chain for re-dye and put it back again with the new cotton stiches"
I'm still confused as to what she is talking about. All my Chanel bags, regardless of age and including my brand new Chanel 3 have cotton stitches on the leather woven through the chain......and unless the 're-dye fairies' came in the night and did this, whatever she is seeing on the leather is how Chanel originally made it.............. I need to stop thinking about this,it makes my head hurt! So glad it worked out for OP, hopefully it will for me too!

Just heard back from the buyer and she is sending the Chanel back to me tomorrow, fingers crosses. Every msg between us has been cordial/polite and I did let her know that it may take PP a few days to process refund etc, so hopefully there will be no more surprises and all will be okay. This is what she did say as far as the 'flaw":
"its really a re-dye bag, from photos you may see there's re-dye pain mark touch with the metal chain, and the leather strip was been took out from the metal chain for re-dye and put it back again with the new cotton stiches"
I'm still confused as to what she is talking about. All my Chanel bags, regardless of age and including my brand new Chanel 3 have cotton stitches on the leather woven through the chain......and unless the 're-dye fairies' came in the night and did this, whatever she is seeing on the leather is how Chanel originally made it.............. I need to stop thinking about this,it makes my head hurt! So glad it worked out for OP, hopefully it will for me too!

she's just pushing your buttons & being unfairly critical..

this is a buyer with buyers remorse... pure & simple...

don't take it personally.... just get your bag back.. give

her a refund... block her & move on.... not worth losing

any sleep over, IMO... this buyer is not the buyer you want...

a Chanel misfit if I ever saw one....

I know there are some recent threads dealing with shipping,sig confirm etc, but rather than post this question in one of those (and have to explain this whole situation over) I'm hoping someone (BB?) who has been following this thread can help. So, even tough it's obvious my buyer had no 'real'problem with my Chanel bag other than her buyer's remorse, I agreed to a return/refund. I asked her to ship the bag back to me the same method I shipped it to her (USPS Priority with insurance for value $500 and signature confirmation) I gave her my PP verified work address so that I could sign for delivery. She emailed me monday saying she shipped the bag and gave me a tracking number that wasn't from the sig confirm slip and when I tried to track package it says "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office." which leads me to believe she either: a) gave me the # from the ins slip by mistake or, b) did not use SC. The bag should have arrived today but didn't. I even waited an extra hour at work in case USPS was running late. I emailed her yesterday when I first realized I didn't have the right tracking #, no reply. I emailed her again today, no reply which makes me nervous. My question: If she didn't use SC for return of bag she paid $500 for AND I never receive it (lost, she used wrong address or she tries to scam me etc) even if she has delivery confirmation that something was delivered somewhere in my town but no SC will ebay/PP still make me pay her the refund? All kinds of horror stories on TPF make me paranoid......... I'm not trying to be difficult with her and I really want the bag back so I can relist it, but I also don't want to refund her for a bag I never got back. to say i am beyond annoyed with this buyer right now is an understatement!