uneven wrinkly/veiny and color on Bal bag?

bag|over

Aug 3, 2009
Hi everyone,

i'm a newbie here. i've been reading bal forum for a while and am drooling over fellow tpfers' bags. they are simply gorgeous. hence i've decided to get one.

i've got in touched with a SA which telling me that [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]the distressing/wrinkles and color aren't completely even throughout on the front. the left side is a bit more lighter while the right side is slightly darker and the center is smoother compared to the more wrinkly/veiny sides.

there's no bal store in my country so i was wondering if anyone of u could help me with it pls?? :confused1:
[/FONT]

A black dot night be a freckle, which is normal. Unless its a pen or a dirt mark, in which case is not normal.

Uneven coloring is also not really normal on a new bag. The color should be fairly even. It shouldn't be faded if that's what you're asking. Can your SA send you a pic?

A picture would really put this talk to rest.

it was Seiko.. she said she couldn't take any photos and that it’s really hard to find a Balenciaga in “perfect” condition since scuffs/leather variation is there to begin with...

uneven distressing leather is fine with me but the uneven color.. it just sounds not right to me..

should i give up on it? it's the last one that they've got..

Seiko is so great, I'm glad she is so honest about bags and has excellent taste it bags too.

If the color is uneven, might you ask her how uneven and if she thinks moisturizer might help at all? Sometimes it's just a little dry.

If its terrible, then you might as well move on.

Since its AR, they have a generous return policy. You can return it, and pay a $50 restocking fee. At least, thats the way it used to be. You should double check? If you really want it, you can order it and if you don't like it upon seeing it irl, send it back.

If you really want to see it, you should get it and see it for yourself. It's easier to make a decision irl rather than take someone's advice that could be different than your own.

Maybe you won't even notice if you're not too picky?

I have returned a couple bags to AR - no problems at all.

Anyhow, good luck.