Uneven Maxi

Munchiegirl

Jan 10, 2012
Hi ladies,

So I recently went to Las Vegas and found a beautiful 13C red lambskin maxi. I saw the display bag and the bag that was wrapped up in the back. I chose the bag in the back of course by just looking at the color and quality of the lambskin. However, I didnt open it and really look at the bag until I got home and thats when I noticed it was uneven. I thought maybe since it had been in the box for so long it just needed some stretching out and it would come back to normal shape... I was wrong! Has anyone ever seen this on a bag? Would it bother you? Or am I just making a big deal out of nothing?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 684
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 685
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 675
That would bug me and I would for sure exchange it. There is a recent post of someone who bought a 13C red maxi and hers is aligned perfect like it should be.

Search in "can't pass up second time" to see her bag.

I made the mistake of thinking it would even out after I broke it in since I thought it was just from being boxed up so long. I took it to my SA and she measured it and even said herself they cut it a little too long & then went on to say they're all handmade and not perfect. She offered me the last one they had left the display one but it looked more orange red to me and very beat up. I cannot return it since I thought it would even itself out by wearing it... Do you ladies think there is anything else I can do or am I stuck with this?

I see this often on the new rectangular minis but never this bad on a maxi. My 2009 metallic grey jumbo had the same issue when I first got it but it wasn't this bad and I bought it from a reseller after searching high and low so I kept it. Can you take a store credit and wait until they get another one? Or have your SA search for another? The display bag sounds just as worse in a different way...I could probably take the scratches but if the leather has changed due to being under display lighting....that would bug me.

I called the Las Vegas boutique and they said they would have to try and locate the bag and call me back... I then proceeded to call chanel customer service and they said the only bag left was at the las vegas boutique. I am confused and feel like I am just getting the run around. Customer serivce said the bag was defective but it would be up to a boutique to see if they wanted to exchange it or not. I really love this red lambskin and I dont think there are many options left for me... Would you ladies live with this defect just to keep the 13c red in your collection?

Munchiegirl said:
I called the Las Vegas boutique and they said they would have to try and locate the bag and call me back... I then proceeded to call chanel customer service and they said the only bag left was at the las vegas boutique. I am confused and feel like I am just getting the run around. Customer serivce said the bag was defective but it would be up to a boutique to see if they wanted to exchange it or not. I really love this red lambskin and I dont think there are many options left for me... Would you ladies live with this defect just to keep the 13c red in your collection?

I would definitely return it. They even admitted it is a defective bag so why keep a 5300.00 defective bag? Return it and find it elsewhere. There is NM, Saks, Nordstrom... So much!

I would not settle for a defective bag. That's just me.

willeyi said:
I would definitely return it. They even admitted it is a defective bag so why keep a 5300.00 defective bag? Return it and find it elsewhere. There is NM, Saks, Nordstrom... So much!

Las Vegas boutique just called me back and said to send it back in and that they found another bag in Waikiki. They also said they'd have to look at the bag and decide if I can even exchange it. Should they even be able to decide that if the bag is defective? I really hope I can get a new even bag because I am so in love with the red lambskin...

Munchiegirl said:
Las Vegas boutique just called me back and said to send it back in and that they found another bag in Waikiki. They also said they'd have to look at the bag and decide if I can even exchange it. Should they even be able to decide that if the bag is defective? I really hope I can get a new even bag because I am so in love with the red lambskin...

Yippee! Be sure to take pictures of the bag. I am sure they will give you a new bag. Just be nice, not mean or arrogant or say stuff like "Chanel needs to fix quality". Your goal is to get a new bag. I had a bag with problems, had exchange it twice!!, and twice the found me a new bag. Being nice really gets you a lot more service than being demanding or arrogant which I am sure you are not.

Super you got another bag! Congrats!

When I had a defective bag, I waited for NM to get the replacement bag in before I brought the defective bag back, but I had the luxury of driving it there... When you send this bag back be sure to include a cover letter delineating each conversation (name of sa, date of conversation, in-person or telephonic), especially the one wherein the defect was conceded, in chronological order. The letter should be very matter-of-fact, just the facts, and make sure you date it. You never know when you might need to refer to it in the future.

to be honest all bags are man made and will slightly have that uneven shape as with alot of reisues as well,,,i see this problem all the time and personally own 2 that is like that.

willeyi said:

^ call around and find the one that will make you happy.... GL!