Undiscovered Coach Bags

Mar 27, 2009
Ok. I know that there may be certain bags/styles on the Japan site that aren't found on the U.S. site. Apparently there are also other bags that I know nothing about! Are these simply on the drill down? Why would certain bags be on the drill down and not on coach.com or in the boutiques? Still a newbie on Coach, so how do I found the bags that aren't on the website or shop? Thanks!

Ok. I know that there may be certain bags/styles on the Japan site that aren't found on the U.S. site. Apparently there are also other bags that I know nothing about! Are these simply on the drill down? Why would certain bags be on the drill down and not on coach.com or in the boutiques? Still a newbie on Coach, so how do I found the bags that aren't on the website or shop? Thanks!

coach does this as a way of advertising. that way us hopeless coach addicts can play with the drilldown and talk amongst ourselves and promote the bags that arent out yet. if it was all on the coach website it would all sell out faster because everyone would know about it. the point of drilldown is so that we can hunt down bags before they are released such as next seasons items.

Coach is an odd company in this respect they make bags esp... for different places and events. Also bags that are in such limited quanty that they never make it to the site or anywhere but tPF...

Here is the list of oddities as I know it..

Bags made For Department Stores
Bags made for Factory
Bags that are Pilot Bags
Bags that are Special Edition
Bags that are Limited Edition
Bags made for other contries such as Japan
Bags that are altra Limited Editon like the Embosed Maggie and Audrey
Bags that are super high end that normally do not even get shown here they are normanly on the $4000-5000 range and are snake or gator.

Are you just asking about Any Coach bags? There are tons (like thousands) of older styles that are not currently on Coach (US, Japan, China) websites. You can look at some of them on the wayback machine (doesn't always work). The new drilldown doesn't go back very far. Maybe to late 2008? Not sure.

Well cz22, I guess I do mean any, because I am figuring out all this info about coach that I never knew about! Any links anyone can give me would be helpful, unless the drilldown is the best source. I have no clue at all how to do the drilldown!

Well cz22, I guess I do mean any, because I am figuring out all this info about coach that I never knew about! Any links anyone can give me would be helpful, unless the drilldown is the best source. I have no clue at all how to do the drilldown!
I would suggest the reference threads here (lots of pictures) and the wayback machine link I posted. You may get lost in those pretty quick, as there are tons of older pretty things, but it will also probably help narrow down what styles and older lines you like (which you can then stalk on ebay, bonanzle, etc...). That's how I started out... The drilldown will not be the best resource since it does not go back very far and you have to know the color and hardware on each bag you want to look up = not easy for browsing.

Coach is an odd company in this respect they make bags esp... for different places and events. Also bags that are in such limited quanty that they never make it to the site or anywhere but tPF...

Here is the list of oddities as I know it..

Bags made For Department Stores
Bags made for Factory
Bags that are Pilot Bags
Bags that are Special Edition
Bags that are Limited Edition
Bags made for other contries such as Japan
Bags that are altra Limited Editon like the Embosed Maggie and Audrey
Bags that are super high end that normally do not even get shown here they are normanly on the $4000-5000 range and are snake or gator.

Great post and great explanation. I am still baffled by the super rare items that I never really get to see. You see one or two on an auction site if your lucky.