Underwhelmed by Chanel wallets

imanda

O.G.
May 22, 2007
I have some extra money from work bonus and lottery scratch offs so dropped by Hirsch's today to look at the wallets and frankly I felt a little underwhelmed by them. I was interested in getting a caviar zip around but when i felt/saw them in person they seemed a bit meh. Im actually pretty happy with my MJ Zip clutch but sometimes it seems a bit big and heavy.
What i really would like is the half moon woc but i still have to save more money (i have about half) which would probably take several months, so that's why i was thinking of a new wallet instead since i have the money, but after seeing them in person I'm not so sure now.
anybody feel the same or am i crazy?? :sad:

Pursecake

O.G.
Jan 27, 2010
You're not crazy. You didn't feel the wallets as much as you hoped and you're just bummed out because you didn't get the instant gratification that you anticipated. I would save up and get the WOC since you know that you want that one for sure.... you'll be a ton happier in no time!

Shindess

Apr 21, 2012
Save up and buy a WOC, however the half-moon can be hard to find and according to my SA there will be none coming in a long while. I just sagged the last one in the UK!

ehy210

Apr 21, 2011
you're not crazy. I only like a select few of the chanel wallets and much rather prefer louis vuitton wallets.

Minty Candies

Jul 13, 2011
Melbourne
I agree that Chanel wallets just don't appeal to me the same way as their bags. That being said, I love my Beige Clair Half-Moon WOC and my Caviar Card Holder!

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
Beat me or flog me but I've never been a fan of caviar because the leather doesn't set my soul on fire. Lambskin does it for me because it is smooth, buttery soft. Some say caviar wears better but I'm not hard on stuff and it can be spa'd when it looks tired. So it doesn't come as a surprise that black caviar failed to wow you.

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
Marcel's
Beat me or flog me but I've never been a fan of caviar because the leather doesn't set my soul on fire. Lambskin does it for me because it is smooth, buttery soft. Some say caviar wears better but I'm not hard on stuff and it can be spa'd when it looks tired. So it doesn't come as a surprise that black caviar failed to wow you.
+1

I love lambskin , plus in small leather goods it is fab!
I love my lambskin! :smile:

Frillylily

O.G.
Oct 22, 2007
Keep looking and do not give up the hunt.

jlove

Bionic Woman
Feb 23, 2012
I have had 5 Chanel small items- 3 wallets & 2 coin key purses (patent, caviar, lambskin).
I now have 2 wallets (patent leather & traditional caviar)- actually I got rid of my other designer wallets.

I use the patent for larger bags and the caviar for smaller bags. They are awesome!! It just depends on the type of wallet and your taste. I don't even like all of Chanel's wallets.

Save up for a nice WOC...or try Gucci/LV/Prada

rania1981

Jun 16, 2011
H Heaven
I feel the same way about their caviar, dull and definitely underwhelming in wallets. I went in looking for caviar and got a dark pink striped patent wallet last season and love it to bits!

Myrkur

Góðan Daginn
Jun 9, 2011
I agree, I love lambskin :heart:

Nico_79

Jan 10, 2013
Ban Island
I have to agree and say their wallets are not at all my style. The lambskin is too delicate for everyday use and considering the price, it's not worth it IMO. I'd save up, 7 more months is not that long and it's not like Chanel is going to disappear any time soon. :smile:

EMDOC

Sep 5, 2011
Scottsdale
Agreed. I have a black Cambon with pink interior that I purchased a year ago. I had to search all over to find it. That was the last time I was impressed by their wallets.