Underwear Beauty or Function ?

dancingirl

Apr 12, 2008
Hi,

Just wondering, what is the most important factor when you buy underwear ? Function or beauty ?

I am a sucker for pretty undies even though I know that no one ever see my undies. I just love pretty ones. Am I crazy ?

Sometimes it doesnt even give me that nice shape !

It's all about the outfit! Some pants and dresses demand seamless or smoothing coverage, so no matter how pretty the underwear, they cannot be worn unless they are also functional. Under most jeans, less fitted dresses and other outfits where underwear lines don't show then I very much prefer pretty underwear in matching sets.

a bit of both because if i've got on ugly underwear, i'd feel ugly too.
i agree with hautemama, some outfits demand seamless undies so i go for the most basic seamless undie, as brief and as lowrise as possible because i can't stand a big expanse of material across my @ss

I like comfy underwear, usually cotton or mesh, but it has to be somewhat fun or pretty. I'm 23, and last year I bought my first matching set of lingerie. No one has ever seen it, but I like knowing I have it own! It's like my own little "inner" boost of sex kitten ;)

FUNCTION. I'm on my feet for 10-12 hours straight some days. The last thing I need is some scratchy, lacy thong riding up my ass all day. I wear seamless cotton boyshorts (the ones that cover the WHOLE cheek, not ride up and do the half-wedgie thing), or I wear lowrise briefs. I cannot be dealing with underwear issues in my line of work, and in my experience: pretty underwear = underwear issues!

I like pretty underwear but I go for function most of the time. If I know that no one is going to see me in my underwear, I'll go for comfort and whatever looks good under my clothes. I love the look of lacey bras but sometimes they show under clothes.

FUNCTION. I'm on my feet for 10-12 hours straight some days. The last thing I need is some scratchy, lacy thong riding up my ass all day. I wear seamless cotton boyshorts (the ones that cover the WHOLE cheek, not ride up and do the half-wedgie thing), or I wear lowrise briefs. I cannot be dealing with underwear issues in my line of work, and in my experience: pretty underwear = underwear issues!

lol- but I am the same. I have a desk job, but I hate things moving about or lines showing. I used to do more "fun" stuff, but boyshorts type of underwear works better. Jockey makes a style called a "modern brief" that is like a boyshort and are really comfy, but w/ more butt coverage than some brands. I just get fun colors or prints!

^ I will have to check those out! :tup:

I'm not opposed to colors and prints. I just cannot have anything shifting or wedging throughout the day, because I don't usually have time to fix it! :shame:

Claire! ITA! I HATE thongs with a passion, they are so uncomfortable to me. I either wear my boyshorts or briefs too! Function all the way!

lol- but I am the same. I have a desk job, but I hate things moving about or lines showing. I used to do more "fun" stuff, but boyshorts type of underwear works better. Jockey makes a style called a "modern brief" that is like a boyshort and are really comfy, but w/ more butt coverage than some brands. I just get fun colors or prints!

I do the same thing! :P I like Hanes, they come in all different colors and patterns!