Underrated Vintage Luxury Bags For a Steal (Potential Re-issues/Underrated Classics)

Kikiash

May 29, 2020
Hi all!

I was searching around for a topic like this, so please link me if there is a relevant thread that I am not seeing. Over the last 1-2 years since everything is in fashion now and the resurgence of reissued designs, I have been wondering what's next? Or better yet, what is an underrated classic that you can find on the secondhand market for a steal of a deal.

Bags that I have invested in or think are underrated classics:
  • Gucci Jackie: I bought a few before AW 20 line was released and glad to see it coming back! But to me this is an always classic because of Jackie O.
  • Gucci anything bamboo: I have one bamboo Jackie and the mini bamboo backpack. Again, there is something timeless and very Gucci about the bamboo that I can't get enough of.
  • Chanel 80s/90s quilted totes: Like this one and this one. I recently bought the latter style. I think they're subtle and timeless because of the quilting and chain.
What would you add to the list?

Kikiash

May 29, 2020
I have three from days gone by that I consider classics that I got for a steal. I’ll never part with them.
(I know they’re all pretty similar)

1. Coach (pre creed 1960’s)
View attachment 4746354

2. Dior (heaven only knows the year of this one, but it’s pretty old!)
View attachment 4746356

3.Chanel (1995)
View attachment 4746370
Oh classic design Coach is super underrated. I really used to love the classic Coach bags. I don't know why I don't own any, but have always lusted over that buttery soft leather. I have a backpack I've been stalking on eBay for an eventual trip when we're allowed to travel again.

I really don't know much about vintage Dior styles. So nice to see something so timeless. I feel like all I see on the second hand market is trotter print & lady Dior. All three just look like they could easily be in the stores now! Thanks for sharing those :heart:

Reactions: Molly0