Undelivered Item Notice?

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find a topic with this situation.

I sold a shirt on eBay back in November 2009 to an international buyer in Japan. I shipped it USPS internationally and since it was over $250 I spent extra money buying coverage for it (I can't recall at the moment what the extra coverage is because I don't have the receipt with me). After a month and a half of silence from the buyer, I assumed they received the item but since they didn't leave me feedback, I messaged them asking if they did because I'm new to selling internationally and I wanted to make sure she got the shirt and had no problems with it. She never responded to me so I assumed she was busy. Today I got the shirt back in it's original package (the one I shipped) with marks on it for returned shipping from Japan marked "Undelivered Item Notice" and "RETOUR NON CLAME." I can't read Japanese so I don't understand what the extra writing on the package is saying (there's no other writing on it explaining why the package was returned), and I'm not sure what to do.

I called eBay just now and got the most unhelpful service. The lady told me to resell the item and that there's nothing else eBay can help me with. The buyer hasn't taken back her money yet so I don't know what to do, but it doesn't seem right to just sell the item again to someone else!

Does anyone know what I can do? :confused1:

2. All I can think is yet another customs thing.

Japanese customs are extremely hot on picking up anything due for extra duty. I expect the shirt comes under this heading. There also appears a be a heap of new rules come in such as I'm not allowed to order any more than 4 boxes of contact lenses now!

Perhaps the buyer refused to pay the duty? So the shirt was returned to you.

The fact that the buyer hasn't contacted you in any way is odd though. Perhaps s/he can't write in English?

I guess you should refund and resell.

3. I agree with Expat. It just seems like one of the many very strange things that can happen and do happen when you do int'l transactions.

4. The last time the buyer contacted me was when she won the auction and she seemed pretty good with English.

Ahh I don't think I'm ever going to do an international transaction again!

Thanks a bunch for your help!