Undecided on the colour

candi_s

O.G.
Nov 21, 2007
Hi lovelies! I have been eyeing a satchel for years and just never found the right enough colour to say yes to.

I had stopped looking for awhile and then while window shopping on the laptop over the weekend I chanced upon 'grapefruit'.

The perfect colour on the computer screen.. previously I loved coral but felt it was too light and neon coral was well.. neon..

So I dusted off the credit card and bought a medium PS1 in watermelon! 4 days of loooooong waiting and it's here!!

But..

First thought was: "woah! It's bright!"

Second thought as I took it out of the dustbag: "medium is actually pretty small"

So, I would love to have the feedback of you Proenza Schouler experts on the colour. Yay or Nay?

TIA!

Attachments

• 1403214533794.jpg
    1403214533794.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
I think it looks gorgeous! My advice - if you're still having doubts - is to try it on with a lot of different outfits. That will give you an idea of how you're going to use it and whether you should keep it.

Beautiful color, but I agree - you should test it out with outfits to see if it works with your wardrobe.

... But then again, a bright colored bag can be fun and unexpected!

Thank you so much hanakimi, Garconne and pradapiggy.

I realised that my bag closet has alot of neutrals - black, blues and cream..

So I'm keeping it!

looking forward to playing around with this pop of colour and breaking the bag into something soft :smile:

I love love love it, but is it grapefruit or watermelon? Either way, its gorgeous! Looks great against black! Glad you are keeping it.

Are you finding the medium fits more than you originally thought?
Im in the same boat: convinced i wanted the medium until i saw it at Neimans and thought, 'hmm its a bit small, maybe i need a large (?)'

Thank you Frugalfinds.. pretty happy!

cooper1.. its indeed grapefruit. I mistyped as watermelon (don't know what I was thinking?!). The bag's certainly spacious even after loading her up and it doesnt feel too heavy. The zipper pockets all have alot of give as well so it's not too bulky even when full. I am carrying: a bifold wallet, umbrella, keys on a keychain, ipod & earphones, toiletry pouch, plastic bag for grocery shopping, tablet... you have to get one!!!

What a great pop of color!

ETA: How do you find the leather?
Hi Hanakimi, the colour is quite bright but it makes me happy! The leather seems very saturated and even as well, some creases on the leather but I don't mind it in the least. Just looking forward to breaking it in and have the leather soften over time.

For such a pop of colour, the leather doesn't look 'fake'.. if that makes sense?