Unconfirmed address, Paypal says OK to ship?

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
I received this today on an auction for $400:
Important note: xxxxxxxxxxx has provided an unconfirmed address. Please check the Transaction Details page for this payment to find out whether you will be covered by PayPal Seller Protection.

When I go to the details page on paypal, it says this:

OK to ship Payment Status: Completed
We recommend that you:
Ship to the buyer's address on this page
Use a shipping service with signature confirmation
Save all tracking information or other proof of shipment

Tips to sell securely

Seller Protection:
Eligible

Protection for items not received
When you ship to the address on this page and provide proof that the item was delivered and signed for, you're protected against claims for items not received. For complete requirements, see terms.

Protection for unauthorized payments

When you ship to the address on this page and provide proof that the item was delivered and signed for, you're protected against claims for items not received. For complete requirements, see terms.

Tips to sell securely

Ship to this address:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx
xxxxx, xx xxxxx
United States

Unconfirmed

I don't plan on shipping until Saturday, and have already transferred the money into my bank account. It's pending, but I have Wells Fargo as does Paypal so it tends to go through in a few days.

I ALWAYS ship with insurance and signature confirmation, security tag, etc.

Anything else I should do or should not do??

PayPal doesn't do confirmed addresses only anymore. Just the address on the payment page is where you have to ship.

Do as you are planning to do.

I don't remove all money from PP account until the sale is finalized, just in case.

I had one just like this and it said: Partially eligible.

In essence: covered for Item not recieved if I provide tracking -

NOT covered for Unathorized use of PP account - should the person file a "unauthorized charge" with paypal -

I chose to refund payment - I never worry about item not recieved I always use UPS with signature required - however, I DO worry about someone saying, "I didn't authorize the purchase." If I had shipped to the unconfirmed addy and the person said they didn't make the payment I would not have been covered.

PayPal doesn't do confirmed addresses only anymore. Just the address on the payment page is where you have to ship.

Do as you are planning to do.

I don't remove all money from PP account until the sale is finalized, just in case.

I get it out of there asap....that way if the buyer pulls any funny stuff, at least I have my money....Paypal can try. LOL

bump

I have a similar question, didn't want to start a new thread.

I have someone interested in bidding on my auction. Her feedback is perfect (300+ transactions and 100%) but she is located in a country where I do not ship. She contacted me and asked me if she could bid on my item. She also said that she lives in the US & has a US address but has an international ebay/paypal account because she sells in a country overseas.

She said she doesn't want me to ship to the international country, she was wondering if I could ship to the US address and her husband would receive & sign for the package. The only thing is, wouldn't the address on the PayPal account show up as an International address? Meaning if I didn't ship to the address listed on the PayPal shipping page, I wouldn't be protected if anything went wrong?

I had a buyer registered in Canada but had a US address for Paypal. As far as I know, they can list whatever address they want in whatever country they want. Have her change the address in paypal to the US one if it isn't already done so and as long as it says eligable to ship, you have seller protection.

I would say call PP and be super sure you will be covered. Could be a hijacked address. Better safe than sorry. I personally would not go through with this, but perhaps others are more adventurous.. Esp. if it is an expensive item - proceed with caution??????
bump

I have a similar question, didn't want to start a new thread.

I have someone interested in bidding on my auction. Her feedback is perfect (300+ transactions and 100%) but she is located in a country where I do not ship. She contacted me and asked me if she could bid on my item. She also said that she lives in the US & has a US address but has an international ebay/paypal account because she sells in a country overseas.

She said she doesn't want me to ship to the international country, she was wondering if I could ship to the US address and her husband would receive & sign for the package. The only thing is, wouldn't the address on the PayPal account show up as an International address? Meaning if I didn't ship to the address listed on the PayPal shipping page, I wouldn't be protected if anything went wrong?

thank you mmmsc :smile: The full value of the bag is $525 but it rarely sells for higher than $130 on ebay (even BNWT). I have my BIN price set as $200 and the auction is currently under $70 w/20 hours left so I doubt it will sell for a huge amount more... I actually would mind selling the bag to her through Bonanzle since the seller protection seems much better there. I told her she could bid but that if her husband had a paypal account, I prefer that she pay with that or enter in her US address for the delivery info. Oh and I haven't even lifted my restriction for international bidders yet (I don't know how to lift it for just 1 bidder)...